LMRN General Discussion

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Now that I think about ems going over next week. I'd guess opp and all other Essex county users would be changing over also. Can't have fleetnet and lmrn going at the same time just not enough voice channels for both to be running same time
Keep in mind that with TDMA, they've doubled their voice channels. If a FleetNet site has 6 voice channels, they only need to borrow 3 for the new system to give them the same capacity.

w3rwn

Was talking to Essex EMS today. They said next week they go over to the PSRN. He called it LMRN

Now that I think about EMS going over next week, I'd guess OPP and all other Essex County users would be changing over also. Can't have FleetNet and LMRN going at the same time. There is just not enough voice channels for both to be running same time.

Have to keep a close eye on the DSD+ off Windsor site and see if Leamington site comes online or not, too.

It's official name in all tender documents and public releases is Ontario's Public Safety Radio Network.

1713663684860.png

It's official name in all tender documents and public releases is Ontario's Public Safety Radio Network.
1713663807548.png

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager

View attachment 160714
If it's official name is Ontario's Public Safety Radio Network, then you'd think they'd abbreviate it OPSRN not PSRN.

Try this document: filestream.ashx (escribemeetings.com)

or this one: PSRN - Project Manager / Leader - Intermediate (RQ05191) - MGB Staffing

or perhaps we should call it the GMCB Public Safety Radio network as the Ontario Government did in this job posting:

1713701338995.png

w3rwn

If it's official name is Ontario's Public Safety Radio Network, then you'd think they'd abbreviate it OPSRN not PSRN.

Try this document: filestream.ashx (escribemeetings.com)

or this one: PSRN - Project Manager / Leader - Intermediate (RQ05191) - MGB Staffing

or perhaps we should call it the GMCB Public Safety Radio network as the Ontario Government did in this job posting:

View attachment 160725

Youre correct, it's surprising how they abbreviate things.
The proper name of Ontario is The Province of Ontario, but they abbreviate that to Ontario and ON all the time.
And when communicating within the Province, they often dont even say Ontario because the readers know they are in Ontario and its redundant.

GMCB is a department name. Government Mobile Communications (Branch), where Branch is a name commonly used in the OPS to designate a function the org.

1713711047220.png

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
What is everyone using to track the new systems? DSD+ Unitrunker?
DSDPlus for now since it's very easy to search text file logs, once it's in full operation I'll probably move it to Unitrunker.

w3rwn

I was just going to post that the Windsor activity on the Toronto site is probably a monitoring unit in Toronto. As usual Muxlow is on the ball :). it would not surprise me that someone is monitoring the system activity for quality purposes. It may also even be EMS themselves doing it. Whoever is doing it, iIf they are planning on monitoring all the CACC regions the Toronto site is going to be maxed out for frequencies real fast.

I'll make a prediction that there will be a Downsview 700 MHz trunk site added in the next 2 years, once the amount of monitoring and remote access to distant talkgroups across the province is better understood. Removing zones in the radio network will be a game changer for how radios are used.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
I'll make a prediction that there will be a Downsview 700 MHz trunk site added in the next 2 years, once the amount of monitoring and remote access to distant talkgroups across the province is better understood. Removing zones in the radio network will be a game changer for how radios are used.
Want to make a bet? LMRN will most likely restrict talkgroups to local sites much like FleetNet does now once more users are loaded onto the system. There's no reason a distant user needs to have access to their local talkgroup when halfway across the province.

700MHz is used for local operations (GHQ and Queens Park) and DVRS'. A full blown site on 700MHz will not benefit anyone.

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
Want to make a bet? LMRN will most likely restrict talkgroups to local sites much like FleetNet does now once more users are loaded onto the system. There's no reason a distant user needs to have access to their local talkgroup when halfway across the province.

700MHz is used for local operations (GHQ and Queens Park) and DVRS'. A full blown site on 700MHz will not benefit anyone.
Could this be the MOH in Toronto monitoring the switch over from their office.

w3rwn

Sure, I'll take that bet.
I understand that you understand the technical details of the radio system, I have operational details about how emergency management uses radio systems, and have some basis for saying what I'm saying. Are we betting beers?

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Sure, I'll take that bet.
I understand that you understand the technical details of the radio system, I have operational details about how emergency management uses radio systems, and have some basis for saying what I'm saying. Are we betting beers?
Sure, beers will do.

I think when the system is fully operational, the long distance monitoring of talkgroups will cease except for certain province wide or areawide groups.

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
Sure, beers will do.

I think when the system is fully operational, the long distance monitoring of talkgroups will cease except for certain province wide or areawide groups.
Mike is always right! :) Specially when it involves beers.

gary123

I went through all the CC frequencies I can pickup locally. Using DSD I have sorted the site and primary CC frequency from the active neighbor list. I also checked these frequencies against the data base they are all there. I have noticed that each site only shows a primary CC and one Scc. This list is just the primary CC frequencies.

3 - 142.050
4 - 142.230
6 - 142.950
7 - 142.800
8 - 142.110
10 - 143.100
12 - 142.410
13 - 142.545
15 - 142.515
18 - 142.905
19 - 143.070
21 - 142.530
22 - 142.965
23 - 142.590
25 - 142.500
27 - 141.705
32 - 142.440
33 - 142.140
36 - 142.350
39 - 142.140
40 - 142.680
44 - 142.800
45 - 142.725

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Looks like City 1 is/has moved over. Very little activity on FleetNet now.
773759 looks to be the West console
773760 looks to be City 1 console