Local Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say hello and look around the New Hampshire Forum. I am in the Pelham area wich gives me a pretty exciting listening area. Nashua Police can't be heard in Pelham. I think it's because of Bush Hill being in the way. I do get the Nashua Fire here though.

The areas that I have had success with are as follows. Some Nashua, Hudson, Derry, Londonderry, Dracut, Lowell, Salem, Windham and of course Pelham.

As soon as I become firmiliar with programming my 2096 I look forward to being of some help in this forum.

Thanks for letting me ramble and I hope to hear from fellow Nashua and New Hampshire users.

Bill

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
Nashua is on an 800Mhz Trunked system for Fire & Police (P25 Digital) and the rest of city services in Analog. If by Nashua Fire you mean 151.250 and 154.325 and Nashua Police 460Mhz, you will hear some Fire traffic, but no police traffic.

Nashua Fire maintains their entire High-Band system dispatching Fire Calls (not EMS only) on 151.250 (PL 103.5) and if there is a Working Fire, they will patch the Trunked Fireground Channel with 154.325 (PL 103.5).

Nashua Police, to my understanding, is completely off their 460Mhz frequencies.

If you can get the 800Mhz system, you should be able to hear both. Also there are many good lists here and a couple other locales for your area. I think the control channel to see if you can hear is 868.450.

Thanks John. I was using the trunked system and the talk group listed to listen to Fire. I don't get any of the 800MHZ signals from Nashua. As posted in another topic I took a trip to Nashua and went over VIA Shurburn Road through Hudson. When I got to the end I bgan picking up Nashua PD very well. So I guess it's just a storage bank and will listen when in the area. As for the Fire being in the 150's I'm going to program them in tonight and see how they go. I had them before but not sure what freq. it was and I erased the pre-progrm RR put in when I bought my Pro-96 &2096 because they didn't put in the text to be able to recognize who is who.

Thanks again John and happy scanning.

BTW being in Concord do you have any freqs. for NH SP? I am using the posted stuff and not getting anything but troop B in Milford. Do they even communicate to HQ anymore or just the Troop barraks?

NYRHKY94

Hi Bill

Welcome to the group! I live in Londonderry and have no problems receiving the Nashua PD system (800 Moto Type II) at all, however I am using an outside antenna with my Pro-2096. Are you using just the back of the set antenna with your Pro-2096?

Thanks - Mike

Yup just the stock antenna. I've had success with my portable as I get into Hudson Nashua comes in fantastic with the stock antenna and in the car so I know the programming is right. It appears that Jeremy/Bush hill is in my way. I'm on Mammoth Road and that is like at the base of the hill between here and Nashua. If you've ever seen a picture of how radio signals transmit in waves then you might agree. I think they are just going over my head. Thanks for the info.

Bill

NYRHKY94

Bill:

FYI - Not sure if you're using any software to program your 2096, but I would recommend you give Win96 a try. You can download a full copy of the software for a 30-day free trial (see link below). The only thing you'll need is the PC programming cable to hook up the scanner to your computer. Once that's done, it's a breeze to program the 2096. In addition, I could send you a complete programming file (P96) that you can just upload to your Pro-2096. My file has Nashua and all the talkgroups they use, along with most of the Southern NH PD's & FD's.

Just let me know.

http://www.starrsoft.com/

Mike

Last edited:
D

ddemers8678

We have been shutting down the forum during peak spambot times until we are able to upgrade the board. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Things will be back to normal shortly.

www.seacoastscanning.com

Last edited:

LPD7

Lowell Police
TAC 1: 482.4125R PL 146.2
TAC 5: 484.9500R PL 146.2

Lowell Fire:
Dispatch: 154.2050R PL 186.2
Secondary: 154.0100 PL 186.2

Trinity EMS
Lowell/Chelmsford Dispatch: 155.1600 DPL-125