Locking out freq in wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

just1bob

Premium Subscriber
I’ve got a ws 1065 which works great but I quite often listen to what’s in the wildcard to look for new frequencies. The only problem I have is I can’t lockout encrypted our frequencies I already have. Any suggestions? Thx

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I am assuming you mean encrypted talkgroups as you mentioned using a wildcard. You will need to create a scanlist just for your wildcard if you want to listen to new talkgroups only, but don't want to hear talkgroups you have already programmed that you have in a disabled scanlist or locked out. I believe the wildcard only recognizes other talkgroups you have already programmed when you are in the SCAN mode and not in the MAN mode parked on the wildcard. Once you have a separate wildcard scanlist setup, it should recognize the talkgroups you have already programmed and no longer stops of them when scanning. There should be an option to TGL/O (F1) when it stops on an encrypted talkgroup that you have not yet programmed which create a new talkgroup object in the scanner and permanently locks it out from scanning.

If you are referring to a conventional frequency search, then there is a similar option to FrL/O (F1) if it stops on a frequency you do not want.

Last edited:

just1bob

Premium Subscriber
I am assuming you mean encrypted talkgroups as you mentioned using a wildcard. You will need to create a scanlist just for your wildcard if you want to listen to new talkgroups only, but don't want to hear talkgroups you have already programmed that you have in a disabled scanlist or locked out. I believe the wildcard only recognizes other talkgroups you have already programmed when you are in the SCAN mode and not in the MAN mode parked on the wildcard. Once you have a separate wildcard scanlist setup, it should recognize the talkgroups you have already programmed and no longer stops of them when scanning. There should be an option to TGL/O (F1) when it stops on an encrypted talkgroup that you have not yet programmed which create a new talkgroup object in the scanner and permanently locks it out from scanning.

If you are referring to a conventional frequency search, then there is a similar option to FrL/O (F1) if it stops on a frequency you do not want.
Thx for your input. Wildcard picks up both new freq. and ones I have stored. My wildcard is in a separate bank. I don’t have encrypted freq stored anywhere and would just like to get rid of them while in wildcard. Thx again

Swipesy

The only way to not have a Wildcard not pick up encrypted TG's is to have the encrypted TG's in your scan list somewhere. Wildcards look for non programmed TG's. So, save the encrypted TG's to a scan list and lock them out. Eventually you will then only get open TG's with the Wildcard or occasional new TG's that are encrypted.

just1bob

Premium Subscriber
The only way to not have a Wildcard not pick up encrypted TG's is to have the encrypted TG's in your scan list somewhere. Wildcards look for non programmed TG's. So, save the encrypted TG's to a scan list and lock them out. Eventually you will then only get open TG's with the Wildcard or occasional new TG's that are encrypted.
Ok thx. I have a lot programmed I’m going to have to look through . Thx for help

Swipesy

Perhaps you did not understand my fix, not suggestion. Let me explain it to you differently.

The GRE now Whister hardware/firmware for your scanner works by scanning system frequencies. When it hears a transmission it looks at what Talkgroups YOU have programmed and shows on your scanner display screen the information for what is contained for the programmed Talkgroup.

When you program a Wildcard the scanner again scans all the system frequencies and when it hears a transmission for a Talkgroup (on a voice channel) it looks at what you talkgroups you have programmed. If it finds that the Talkgroup that it hears is not programmed it reports what it hears as a wildcard.

If you do not have programmed a Encrypted Talkgroup it is going to give you a wildcard. Until you have 100% of every encrypted TG on the system that your radio can hear you are going to get encrypted wildcard TG.

As I told you previously you will get encrypted wildcard TG's as long as they are not programmed. There is no way around it until 100% encrytpted are in your TG list.

Understand?

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Unfortunately there is no way to lockout all encryption automatically. You have to manually lockout all the talkgroups that are encrypted one-by-one and there can be a lot of different talkgroups that are encrypted.

Just to double check, you need to press the SCAN button and be ►►Scanning◄◄ for this to work. This does not work if you press the MAN button to listen to your wildcard. Your wildcard also needs to be programmed to the same system as the talkgroups you have already programmed.

To reword my reply above if you press the SCAN button and your wildcard stops on a talkgroup you want to get rid of, you can quickly get rid of it by pressing F1 (TGL/O) without having to enter the talkgroup yourself. After you press F1 (TGL/O), that one talkgroup will be permanently locked out until you manually unlock or delete it, but this will only work if you are ►►Scanning◄◄.

If you are still receiving talkgroups that you know you have locked out, you may have flipped an advanced setting that turns off this feature. Double check that TGRP Ignore is set to Yes.
  1. PROG
  2. F3 (GLOB)
  3. ▼ (Down Arrow) until you see TGRP Ignore. It is pretty far down the list under the ▼▼EXPERT BELOW▼▼ settings.
  4. TGRP Ignore should be set to Yes.
    1. If it is yes, press F2 (Exit).
    2. If it is no, set it to yes and press F1 (Save).
  5. Press SCAN to return to ►►Scanning◄◄ and scan your wildcard again.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
If you sit and monitor a Wildcard you cannot get rid of a Enc TG, but as the man stated if you L\O the TG and then "Scan" you will not hear it unless the scanner stops on the Wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.