Status
Not open for further replies.

fwfdengine2

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could reply some city names that use Locution Systems. I enjoy listening the the automated voice.

Thanks,
fwfdengine2

redhelmet13

Heard it In the Denver area... Also Austin. Seems NFPA standard for fire station alerting has pretty much latched onto these automated systems. Lets face it - the bottleneck in a human dispatched system is the human. In the case of Locution and the other similar systems - the computer can send out multiple dispatches at the same time. Our system in Fort Worth announces the call on the radio and when there are other dispatches in progess the voice lags behind the actual station alert sometimes by quite a bit.

fwfdengine2

Heard it In the Denver area... Also Austin. Seems NFPA standard for fire station alerting has pretty much latched onto these automated systems. Lets face it - the bottleneck in a human dispatched system is the human. In the case of Locution and the other similar systems - the computer can send out multiple dispatches at the same time. Our system in Fort Worth announces the call on the radio and when there are other dispatches in progess the voice lags behind the actual station alert sometimes by quite a bit.

What station are you out of in the FWFD? I plan on becoming a firefighter in Fort Worth in the future.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
All of the IDPS family of systems here in IN... as well as several areas on the SAFE-T.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Here in Central NC both Raleigh/Wake County and Durham use Locution Cadvoice.

Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.