SDS100/SDS200: Logic Board replaced, keys don’t work due to new ESN…

TheWitness34

I got my SDS100 back today with a logic board replacement. Same serial number, different ESN. How do I transfer my ProVoice, DMR, NXDN and waterfall keys over to my new device while it has a different ESN…? Hopefully uniden doesn’t expect me to purchase these again…

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
I got my SDS100 back today with a logic board replacement. Same serial number, different ESN. How do I transfer my ProVoice, DMR, NXDN and waterfall keys over to my new device while it has a different ESN…? Hopefully uniden doesn’t expect me to purchase these again…
Contact Uniden Repair and have proof that you paid for the updates, and they should be able to get it right.

The general consensus here is that if you have to send your scanner in to Uniden Repair, make sure you include a invoice of some sort that you paid for certain upgrades keys, so that if they do perform a logic board replacement (that will have a different serial number), they can input the replacement upgrade keys into the unit for you.

Rereading some of the stories here, Uniden Repair they usually perform “boilerplate repair“ of hardware and rarely do the software stuff.

TheWitness34

Would they be able to look up my information to verify? I have the emails with my keys but they’re also available in my account on my.uniden.com

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Would they be able to look up my information to verify? I have the emails with my keys but they’re also available in my account on my.uniden.com
Your "keys", as well as the 'receipt', showing that you purchased them, are 'secured' in your "My Uniden" account. I doubt that any of the techs, at the repair facility, would have access to that information, unless you furnished them your login credentials, which is not a good idea. (Neither is that a 'good idea' to share logins for any other online accounts registered to you.)

Your better option is to copy the receipt information, as well as include the ESN that was valid when the scanner was originally updated. Point out, in a message to Uniden, that your original 'physical' serial number, is based on what is labeled on the scanner itself. But the ESN, on the replacement logic board, is different. Uniden should have 'flashed" your original ESN into the replacement board at the time of repair. I would suggest contacting Uniden, with a message including your original receipts, and note that the ESN of the replaced board differs from the one that was valid when your keys were purchased.

Hopefully, whoever you are dealing with at Uniden's repair group can get the keys re-issued with the new, modified, ESN from the replacement logic board. I do wonder, however, that if the ESN on the replacement board is significantly different from the physical key (portions of the original key are part of both the physical serial, as well as the ESN, would that mismatch pose a problem in getting valid replacement upgrades to validate and allow installation.

N9JIG

Sheriff
If it has the same serial number then the ESN should be the same as it is derived from the serial number. The ESN would be the same as the Serial Number except for a "260" replacing the "Z".

Do the rest of the characters of the serial number match those of the ESN from the radio menu?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

Have you actually tried entering your original keys into the scanner?