SDS100/SDS200: Uniden Repair service sent my SDS100 back without the NXDN and DMR Keys.

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
If the ESN is different in the "repaired" scanner (it sounds like it might be), the keys in the account won't work. They're generated using the ESN and will only work with the original ESN. (This prevents sharing keys.)
Or…..as the OP said and I quoted as well, he bought it used and doesn’t have the keys.

N4KVE

Maybe comparing apples to oranges, but when someone buys a Tesla brand new, & pays for options/features which are downloaded on the internet, when he sells the car, the options/features are removed because the second owner did not pay Tesla for those features.

HiddenLefty

I sent my SDS100 in for repair. It was a common problem with them, replacement of the logistics board, so I believe it should have been covered. That is really not my main issue though. When I sent it in, I noted that the NXDN and DMR were already in the radio. Upon receiving it back, they were not in it and they told me I had to re-enter the keys. I purchased the SDS from someone who is now deceased, so I do not have the keys. I know I have been a Uniden customer for many years and have purchased dozens of keys, so from my experience, since you always enter the serial number when purchasing keys, Uniden should have a record of the keys purchased and be able to look them up. But no, they tell me I have to purchase them again! My Uniden account shows over the years of my many, many purchases of keys. For a big company, such as them, why are they trying to squeeze even more money out of their customers? The customer service was very unprofessional and would not even answer my questions about the serial number. Anyone else have this problem?

Did you get this resolved? I was promised a replacement unit with keys and provided proof of purchase from the original yet received one back without and now being told to buy again. Wondering if this ever got fixed and what you finally did or who you had to reach.