Upgrade Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

hagensieker

Premium Subscriber
I bought a BCD325P2 on Classifieds the other days. It already has the DMR key purchased. I registered the serial number and ESN in MyUniden and it shows me needing all 3 keys. I do plan to buy the NXDN key however I don't want to bork the DMR key (which I don't think it will). Is there any way to retrieve the DMR key? Or to transfer it?

Personally I don't care if MyUniden shows it or not I just don't want to lose it and not be able to get it back without paying.

I was going to buy a brand new BCD325P2 but this scanner looked great, was up to date, and had the DMR key and some other accessories making it a great deal.

While I have several Uniden scanners I only ever bought keys for the SDS100 and they are my keys. Never done this to a used scanner before.

Reconrider

If the key was purchased by the previous owner, it should be listed as such on the my.uniden website. Contact the previous be an f tell them you need the key.
If it was listed as having dmr, then they need to make it right

hagensieker

Premium Subscriber
If the key was purchased by the previous owner, it should be listed as such on the my.uniden website. Contact the previous be an f tell them you need the key.
If it was listed as having dmr, then they need to make it right
The owner shows pics of the DMR upgrade installed. Their end is fine. I'm just worried that now that by adding the NXDN key I'll poof the DMR key. I actually don't think that will happen but it is a $60 mistake if it happens.

Been a long time since I did my key upgrades but I don't think anything can happen. The DMR key is installed and was manually programmed. When I add the NXDN key it shouldn't affect anything but just checking with the group because I've never been here before.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
When I add the NXDN key it shouldn't affect anything but just checking with the group because I've never been here before.
-
There is nothing that the end user can do in the normal operation of the scanner (including a reset) that can erase or lose the upgrade registration in the scanner. The scanner doesn’t care who purchased a key or what other keys are already registered, just that it corresponds to the serial number that it was purchased for. You’ll be fine.

Reconrider

The owner shows pics of the DMR upgrade installed. Their end is fine. I'm just worried that now that by adding the NXDN key I'll poof the DMR key. I actually don't think that will happen but it is a $60 mistake if it happens.

Been a long time since I did my key upgrades but I don't think anything can happen. The DMR key is installed and was manually programmed. When I add the NXDN key it shouldn't affect anything but just checking with the group because I've never been here before.
Unless it's a different scanner pictured in the photo(s), then the DMR will be there. Check on the scanner to see if DMR says purchased on there.

If it says it's not, then you were given the wrong scanner and I would contact the owner. If it's actually the correct scanner, it might be a glitch on unidens part. Have the previous owner take a picture of his my.uniden scanner page to see if it shows the same thing for them.

Al1009

My "MyUniden" says my 325P2 needs the ESN to purchase DMR but I paid Scannermaster to put it in and I have it, scanner says already activated.

cg

Premium Subscriber
go through the menu on the scanner. If it is in there, it will tell you.
SETTINGS
UPGRADE
DMR/MotoTRBO
Should say DMR/MotoTRBO has already been activated

Status
Not open for further replies.