Looking for a basic scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbstack42

Looking for a basic scanner to pick up the Saco and Old Orchard Beach Police and Fire! Currently looking at the Uniden BC355n, BC125at and the BC365crs. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Also the Biddeford and Saco Broadcastify feed is no longer available. Any information on this returning? Thanks!!

Reconrider

Also the Biddeford and Saco Broadcastify feed is no longer available. Any information on this returning? Thanks!!
Feeds are replied upon by volunteers. If no body is feeding it for free, it's not going to be up.

W2SOX

Premium Subscriber
BC125at, it has Alpha tagging which is a feature I can’t live without anymore. Also, you may be able to pick up a scanner at HRO in Salem NH!

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
The 355n is a real pain in the butt! With no keypad frequency entry is hit or miss! Trust me…

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
I was kind of turned off that the 125at doesn't cover 800mhz, but it also doesn't trunk track so it's irrelevant, there really isn't much out there that's conventional 800 and the rest that is trunked is all going digital anyways. Must be why Uniden didn't bother.

sfd745

Reverend Higgy
Database Admin
You are going to want a phase II scanner if you plan on monitoring Biddeford in the near future. They are in the process of flipping the switch on a citywide 800 mhz phase II system.

gbstack42

You are going to want a phase II scanner if you plan on monitoring Biddeford in the near future. They are in the process of flipping the switch on a citywide 800 mhz phase II system.
So is a phase II scanner Digital or any scanner that is 800 mhz?

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
You're welcome and good luck. I'd recommend checking out the 325p2, 996p2 and 436hp. All Uniden models, phase 2 capable. Unfortunately digital scanners cost an arm and a leg compared to analog. I own a 436hp and I've been very happy with it for what it's worth. If you have a computer you might want to look into software defined radio (SDR). It can be MUCH cheaper (under $40) but also can require a good amount of computer/software tweaking...but with the right software can decode digital. Good luck

Thorndike113

Depending on where you live, you can still get away with a "basic" scanner. If you are in the areas where its more city and progressive where the towns drink the digital kool-aid, you're better off going with a digital scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.