LTR on a scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatedGore

I am trying to figure out how to program a LTR system on a radioshack pro 197. I have the frequencies but I do not know of any talkgroups. They have an analog channel but you can still hear the random little blips of sound on the channel that is analog and all the other frequencies. But on my scanner I am not sure how to actually get it plugged in with the talkgroup. I just have the frequencies and a wildcard.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Click on Trunk Systems. Click on Add (green plus sign), select System Type of LTR, and name it. Double click on Frequencies and enter the frequencies for the site in the proper order to match the LCN's (Logical Channel Number). The LCN is the 2 digit number in small print to the left of the frequency. Click on Talkgroup. The wildcard must be affiliated with the trunked system you created. .If not showing, double click under the Trunk System tab and select the system you just created.

west-pac

Click on Trunk Systems. Click on Add (green plus sign), select System Type of LTR, and name it. Double click on Frequencies and enter the frequencies for the site in the proper order to match the LCN's (Logical Channel Number). The LCN is the 2 digit number in small print to the left of the frequency. Click on Talkgroup. The wildcard must be affiliated with the trunked system you created. .If not showing, double click under the Trunk System tab and select the system you just created.

Check that license. I believe it was updated to include NXDN. Trying to program that LTR system is likely a moot point by now. I haven't attempted to receive it, but I suppose I probably could at some point.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Check that license. I believe it was updated to include NXDN. Trying to program that LTR system is likely a moot point by now. I haven't attempted to receive it, but I suppose I probably could at some point.
You are correct. The license was modified, effective 03/11/22, to add the NXDN emission code.

The OP might be able to catch the LTR data if the change to NXDN has not occurred just yet, but when & if they do flip from LTR to NXDN, the Pro-197 will no longer be able to monitor it.

DatedGore

So far no NXDN, but I assume in the future they will change it. They are changing a building so maybe when that change is done they will? They use nexedge radios for now dont remember what ones

Status
Not open for further replies.