Lubbock Trip

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I am reviewing the Lubbock City-Co Mutual Radio System. I see that the simulcast has a NAC of 14. I tried to find the code, but it only showed 014. Is this the same thing? My eyes are still crossed from rolling through that long list.

Also, I will be taking multiple routes when I travel to Lubbock. I am planning to go to Brownwood, up 183 to IH20, & 84 to Lubbock.

Any feedback about possible changes, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

theoleman

If you're in Brownwood (Brown Co), check them out on their LCRA system. I seldom receive anything from my Coleman Cty farm and only go to Brownwood every 2-3 years. The Brown County VHF system remains functional. Occasional traffic from Brady and McCullough Cty and Coleman Cty. Lots of activity if you listen to Callahan Cty. Brownwood DPS is somewhat active.

Stop at Ma's Crossroad Cafe in Santa Anna for lunch. Great daily specials!

TOM

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Is it 00E or 014? '14' is the decimal equivalent of hex 'E'.

There's a bug in the Sentinel download process that does not handle NACs with leading zeroes properly.
If the DB shows a zero in front of the NAC the download will revert to 'NAC Search' in Sentinel.
The work around is remove leading zeros from site/system NACs in the DB.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
If you're in Brownwood (Brown Co), check them out on their LCRA system. I seldom receive anything from my Coleman Cty farm and only go to Brownwood every 2-3 years. The Brown County VHF system remains functional. Occasional traffic from Brady and McCullough Cty and Coleman Cty. Lots of activity if you listen to Callahan Cty. Brownwood DPS is somewhat active.

TOM
Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. On these trips, I use start up configuration keys in order to avoid conventional analog/digital frequencies misidentification of frequencies. I isolate the route specific to those counties along the route. In the past, I have identified & submitted frequencies along another route like highway 6 or 36. So, I am going to review my road recordings to possible identify NAC and/or CTSS that are missing in the RR DB.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber

TOM
I found a Brownwood talk group during this trip; however, the radio was set on ID search, so when I review these, I will check to see if someone has already identified. I will report what I find.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Is it 00E or 014? '14' is the decimal equivalent of hex 'E'.

There's a bug in the Sentinel download process that does not handle NACs with leading zeroes properly.
If the DB shows a zero in front of the NAC the download will revert to 'NAC Search' in Sentinel.
The work around is remove leading zeros from site/system NACs in the DB.
I am going to check the recordings of this system & see if my radio shows the same. Now, that I think of it, Bell County uses a NAC code of 14h that shows on the radio but is not on the drop-down menu. "Very Interesting."

Last edited: