MABAS Plans moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

triryche

Premium Subscriber
from the WHBL 1330 AM web site...

Falls Approves Mutual Aid System

03/05/2008
The Sheboygan Falls Common Council unanimously approved a resolution Tuesday night that would include the city of Sheboygan Falls as part of the “Mutual Aid Box Alarm System” that is employed throughout the state of Wisconsin to deal with Emergencies. Alderman Thomas McCue says this system helps personnel better deal with emergency situations. The “Mutual Aid Box Alarm System” lists emergency equipment by City, and allows emergency personnel access to specific equipment as needed from throughout the state.

Once the county gets going on this, it will be interesting to see how the radio system interop will be handled.

nslt204

http://www.mabasradio.org has all of the MABAS standard frqs for interop with MABAS departments.
I am sure they will have an IFERN patch into the 800 like we do here in the state of Milwaukee.
Most of the interop should be on simplex as far as on scene stuff. With the talk group set up in Sheboygan it doubt much would change other that the call outs on IFERN and should make mutual aid comms coming into the county smother because its preset and constant.

mkescan

I wonder why Waukesha Co doesn't have a IFERN patch.
All I heard so far was a few units switching over to the MABAS talkgroup and most of the time getting no replies because everyone is on their own Tac channel (drives me crazy) or Com channel.

triryche

Premium Subscriber
I'm told that the Sheboygan Co. fire channel line-up may be changing in the near future with some renaming of and possibly elimination of some fireground talk groups to make room for 800 MABAS channels in the fire radios. A lot of this depends on the coordination with rebanding which is planned to be finished by November. New radios are on the way to replace many of the older ones which aren't compatible.

I am willing to bet that any MABAS activity is probably a couple of years away yet, if not longer. A lot hinges on interop with Ozaukee Co. also. I'm not a big fan of how this is done. The cross system patching is cool but the full time mutual aid link between the two counties can only be heard on the Ozaukee system via radio and not on the Sheboygan system. They use it basically as a "Point to Point" on 800 but is not audible anywhere on the SCTRS or simplex.

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
mkescan said:
I wonder why Waukesha Co doesn't have a IFERN patch.
All I heard so far was a few units switching over to the MABAS talkgroup and most of the time getting no replies because everyone is on their own Tac channel (drives me crazy) or Com channel.

Waukesha County's IFERN to 800 setup is in the works. From what I've heard, it will involve more than one VHF tower site and the 800/VHF gateway will be automatically activated by the alert tones on IFERN. This will allow all the Dispatch centers in the county to hear requests from neighboring divisions on their 800 MABAS control bases. Again, thats what I've "heard" they are working toward.

Jim

nslt204

Ozaukee is working quite heavy on gettng MABAS set up and approved as well. They are also working on interop with Milwaukee Co. right now it is simplex on the ITAC 800 frqs

triryche said:
I'm told that the Sheboygan Co. fire channel line-up may be changing in the near future with some renaming of and possibly elimination of some fireground talk groups to make room for 800 MABAS channels in the fire radios. A lot of this depends on the coordination with rebanding which is planned to be finished by November. New radios are on the way to replace many of the older ones which aren't compatible.

I am willing to bet that any MABAS activity is probably a couple of years away yet, if not longer. A lot hinges on interop with Ozaukee Co. also. I'm not a big fan of how this is done. The cross system patching is cool but the full time mutual aid link between the two counties can only be heard on the Ozaukee system via radio and not on the Sheboygan system. They use it basically as a "Point to Point" on 800 but is not audible anywhere on the SCTRS or simplex.

Status
Not open for further replies.