Major to maybe historic winter storm to hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip39

parts of pennsylvania may be in for one wicked winter storm. give the frequencies you will be monitoring in the area that you live. i will be monitoring psp, my local highway department,my local electric company, and of the fire department channels. hope you stay safe when this hits and listen closely to all stuff on your scanner.
ryan

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
parts of pennsylvania may be in for one wicked winter storm. give the frequencies you will be monitoring in the area that you live. i will be monitoring psp, my local highway department,my local electric company, and of the fire department channels. hope you stay safe when this hits and listen closely to all stuff on your scanner.
ryan

Can't monitor the local PSP station (STARNET), can't monitor the local electric company (encrypted trunked system), can't monitor the local water company (nextel)....

I will be monitoring the Montco trunked system and whatever local public works freqs I can get. I noticed that several public works freqs used in the past by local municipalities were quiet during the last storm...probably using Nextel or something.

skip39

i am lucky the troopers out of blooming grove(pike) dont use the OPENSKY system here yet,only penndot uses the system,ugh. it would be nice for me to listen to the penndot plows in my area

talviar

how about the major storm we had laast friday? I still have 2-3 FEET of snow in my county!!!! Still digging out and we are getting more snow!!!???!!!

monitoring 33.70/155.190/155.295 for Fire/EMS Dispatch
County 800 for Fayette (Anything in the console . . . )
State 800 for State EMA communications
and anything else we need to dial in for the storm . . . . .

Tony @ Fayette EOC

scott71

Well I'm ready as my work had told us we are closing for Wednesday's storm. So we will be monitoring Berks & surrounding counties. Now I just have to learn how this trunking thing works on this new scanner I got. Well new to me at least. I moved out of my early 90's models into a nice 2003 model (BC796D).

nursepen

Just got in from work at 1230 am, driving was a treat roads not plowed could only see maybe 15 -20 feet in frount of me,even poor tractionin even with 4 wheel drive, i also saw ice and snow piling up on the power lines

Audiodave1

Database Admin
It's nasty down here in Delaware. MOST people are off the roads. National Guard is on the 800 system and active doing emerg transports and the like. The power company appears to have pulled almost everyone in. Can't blame them.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the power stays on....

Dave

talviar

I'll trade you. . . . This morning I pulled out of my driveway . . . 3 Feet of snow in my yard. it has been snowing most of the day and I have a blizzard warning in effect until 0400 Thursday . . . . National Guard sitting at my office waiting for assignments as we run into trouble. . . .

Been a long few days at Fayette EOC. . . . I'm at 97.5 hours with two more days to go in the two week pay period. . . Currently 33.75 hrs of OT on time sheets with two more days to go at 12 hour shifting in the current pay period. . . .

timelord64

ryan
Yeah, I've been listening to our local fire department here in Franklin County running motorist rescue operations for the last 24 hours. Our road where I live hasn't even been plowed yet, and they just now opened US 30...

Lots of radio traffic here the last two days, including a stint helping our local SKYWARN Net yesterday.

Darrell Lingenfield 3rd
N3BI

Status
Not open for further replies.