Manually add new P25 frequency to any list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Token

Howdy all,

Yes, I have searched, yes I have looked at the Uniden site, yes I have searched Youtube. I see a lot of information, some seems to be right, but when I try to use it it does not work. So, asking here, sorry if this has been asked 100 time per month, but none of the responses I see have done what I need.

I have a Uniden (actually, a couple of them) BCD536HP and have had them for a couple of years. I have Sentinel 2.02. I have the latest data base (May 19, 2019). I have two favorites lists on the scanners, as well as the complete DB. For the 536 in the truck I have the GPS and I often use it mobile, the auto area select feature works excellent.

However, I want to manually add a frequency / system to my network.

A local agency has a P25 single frequency setup that does not appear in any data base. I can monitor it just fine with my Icom R8600, but I would like to add it to both of my 536's.

How do I manually add a frequency / system not in any data base to my favorites list?

Thanks.

T!

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Howdy all,

Yes, I have searched, yes I have looked at the Uniden site, yes I have searched Youtube. I see a lot of information, some seems to be right, but when I try to use it it does not work. So, asking here, sorry if this has been asked 100 time per month, but none of the responses I see have done what I need.

I have a Uniden (actually, a couple of them) BCD536HP and have had them for a couple of years. I have Sentinel 2.02. I have the latest data base (May 19, 2019). I have two favorites lists on the scanners, as well as the complete DB. For the 536 in the truck I have the GPS and I often use it mobile, the auto area select feature works excellent.

However, I want to manually add a frequency / system to my network.

A local agency has a P25 single frequency setup that does not appear in any data base. I can monitor it just fine with my Icom R8600, but I would like to add it to both of my 536's.

How do I manually add a frequency / system not in any data base to my favorites list?

Thanks.

T!

Right click the FL select Program FL..
In the FL window that opens..
On the System tab Click the Plus.
Type in a name for the new system.
Select the System Type (P25 One Frequency) in your case.
A new line will be added to the FL systems list..
On this line you may want to turn ID Search to ON, Assign a Quick Key and Number Tag, and adjust Hold Time (If desired)
In The left pane of the window click the new system..
Under the Department Tab, Click the Plus.
Give the new Department a name and quick key.
Now go to the Site Tab, Click the Plus.
Give the new Site a name and a quick key.
Now go back to the new Department.. Click the Plus. To add a TG (If you don't know what TG is used add a dummy TG) Give it a Service Type that you want and number tag if desired..
Now go to the new Site Tab, Under Frequencies, Click the Plus. Add the frequency (Repeat if more than one).

Now you can add location information (if desired) to the new Department and Site..

Make Sure the Quick Key assigned to the new system is Checked under the System Quick Key Status Tab of the FL.

Save the changes, Write to the radio..

(y)

Once you get that far, and it's working on the radio, You may find Unknown TG ID's popping up.
You can go back and add those TG's to the Department you created and give then tags too..

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Once you get it working and can determine that all the pertinent info is correct, You can submit the new info to the RRDB to share with everybody. :) And save the next user the headache of manually adding the system ....

Token

Thanks, it appears to have worked. I have it on the FL but have not yet uploaded to the radio to make sure, but everything looks good on the FL.

Half way through your steps I realized I had done this before but totally forgot it.

As for submitting to the RRDB, yeah, I should do that. The agency in question uses this freq about twice in an average day, and they appear to be actively trying to keep it from being known they are on it, even though it shows up in an FCC search.

T!

Status
Not open for further replies.