Marin County MERA system

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryluckham

Is there anyone who is familiar with the Marin County MERA system that might be able to give some guidance on the correct programming for a Bearcat scanner? I've tried downloading from the database a very specific and narrow range of Fire/EMS frequencies because that's what I need to monitor. However, I constantly get traffic from PD's, public works, and even Whistlestop. I've been unable to figure out how to eliminate that traffic so that I only get the traffic I need.

SCPD

QRT
What model do you have ?
In general if you want to monitor only Fire/EMS put only those into the Scanner and run it in either closed mode or scan mode only.
If run in search mode it will pick up any new Id's it finds.

larryluckham

Bcd396

I have a BCD396 portable that I use in the truck. I downloaded only the Fire/EMS frequencies from RR so assumed that that would be the only traffic I would get. This has not been the case. I have a high band but need to monitor the SRFD & EMS enroute to incidents and the interference from the PD and other traffic gets in the way. Unfortunately I'm not much of a radio guy so I haven't been able to figure out what's wrong.

SCPD

QRT
1st have you read the easier to read manual at
Easier to Read BCD396T/UBCD396T Digital Scanner Manual ?

Below is the long way

On the Scanner go to edit your Marin System
Once you get to the System hit Eyes
2nd line is edit Sys option hit Eyes
4 click down is ID Scan/Search hit Eyes
select ID Scan hit Eyes
hit Hold to exit edit and hold again to resume Scanning.
Now it should scan the programmed ID's only

A much quicker way when it scans the Marin System hit Scan to toggle between search and Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.