Site: 2
WACN: BEE00
Phase 2
SYS ID: 8B4

851.0375 primary control
851.2625 alt cntrl
851.5625 alt cntrl
852.1750 alt cntrl

Submitted this to the database. This will be used in conj w/ St. Lucie County.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
What is this system going to be used for, There are no talkgroups yet and i have not heard of the public safety dpets in martin county or st lucie county changing systems.

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
The system(s) will be used by the following agencies (as of System Implementation):

Martin County Sheriff's Department
Martin County Fire Rescue Department
Martin County local government agencies
City of Stuart Police
City of Stuart Fire Department
Sewall’s Point
Jupiter Island
St. Lucie County Sheriff's Department
Port St. Lucie Police Department
Ft. Pierce Police Department
St. Lucie County Fire District
St. Lucie County local government agencies

This network will replace both SmartZone systems. This shouldn't be too much of a surprise, as SmartZone systems are being replaced all over the U.S. as they are reaching their end of life.

As far as not hearing about this till now.... Google goes along ways. Just google about it. There are press releases and Board of County Commissioners meeting minutes, etc. That's how I first heard about it. After, did some listening & researched it myself, and found the control channels and system ID's.

As with any system, there may not be much activity just yet as there will be system testing first. Its new.. give it some time. Happy listening!!

Here is some real good info too:

https://stluciefl.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=4&ID=8213

BOBHEUSER

MARTIN COUNTY Fl Treasure Coast Regional Communication System

Martin County Sheriff's Department and other Law in county
are active on the new system..All LEO scrambled. the old the old LEO system went dark.

I know that Martin fire was changing radio equipment last week, but are operating on the old system yet.
hoping fire stays in the open.

St lucie fire still operating analog, old system.

BOBHEUSER

Martin county fire rescue

The old Martin county Fire system went dark. Must be using the new system. cant hear anything.on it in the open.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
The RR database doesn’t have any talkgroups listed. Can you start posting up some of the talkgroups that you are hearing encrypted in this thread. I’ll be in Martin over the weekend and will do some research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

partspig

florida in the dark

Well its official all LEO depts. including fire have gone to full time encryption.
Have a friend in homeland security buy this time next year no scanners of any type will work .
They have now made VERY CLEAR it will be illegal to listen to any encrypted communications
they also will be using the portal to the FACINATOR ENCRYPTION FORMAT that NSA uses for the presidents coms. Which uses day change wildcard key generation.
With that said put them up on shelf and forget about them.

trooper890

Huh?

Huh?

It’s been illegal to monitor encrypted communications of any type for many years. Nothing new here....

Scanners won’t work in a year? Nonsense.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Hearing Martin County Fire Rescue units on the Palm Beach County P25 system talking to Jupiter ER. Radio ID’s 5604376 Rescue-36 and 5604478 Rescue-33. Can someone up in Martin confirm all the Fire talkgroups are encrypted based on those radio ID’s ?

ronjonsoflo

Hello forum, I'm kinda new to RR but I bought a BCD-436HP during the summer and everything was working great until this month when the old system was replaced here in the Treasure Coast. What can I do to help get me and other scanner enthusiasts in the Martin County area get back any use for our scanners?

ed3750

Premium Subscriber
Martin County P2

Listened to Martin P25 from PBG, for a short time this afternoon and all transmissions were encrypted. However, fire is still using 154.01, in the clear for voice paging. Radio ID 5604478 came up several times on trunk group ID 10101. Didn't hear ID 5604376. Trunk group 10101 had activity after a page was sent out on 154.01, therefore, I would guess that TG 10101 might be Fire Comm !. Unable to confirm, just an educated guess.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Thanks Ed...wow, encrypting all Fire comms. I remember when Jacksonville/Duval County did that for Fire. Years later they are in the clear again thankfully. I just don’t get the reasoning behind it.

troymail

Silent Key
Washington DC nearly fully encrypted Fire/EMS some time back but then, if I recall correctly, due to some combination of a comms failure during an incident with a fatality, uproar by neighboring jurisdictions who run mutual aid, and a newly elected administration in DC, they rolled "some" of the encryption back. However, much of the system - including about 99% of law enforcement remains encrypted.

Researching various systems in the Alabama, Georgia, and Florida areas in the last month or so - there does seem to be quite a movement with encryption - including fire and ems....

Status
Not open for further replies.