BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Master Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

325xia

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to set a new Delay, (instead of the default 2 sec's.), for the Full Database or when generally Searching? i Know how to do it for my Favorite Lists, but can't find it for overall searching/scanning.

Thanks

325xia

Premium Subscriber
Well, I guess there isn't. With all the views and lack of response. I wish you could just set a Universal Delay, instead of diving through menus on the scanner for each individual channel. Because., the default 2. Sec's is not enough delay. What a PIA and a waste of time to have to do this to every channel in the Scanner.

Last edited:

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
As far as the master list, no. I wanted to change it for the New York State Police when the scanner is on full database. Instead, I copied NYSP to favorites, and avoid them in the database scanning. Yeah, it's a PITA, but not that bad of one.

smithken

Premium Subscriber
Even if you can't set a master delay on the scanner it would be nice if you could change the default in Sentinal.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
What a PIA and a waste of time to have to do this to every channel in the Scanner.

All of the channels in any given favorites list can be changed with just a few mouse clicks.

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
There is a feature in the ARC software program that allows you to manage some things in the full database. One of those things is the delay time for channels.

While this is a decent feature, whenever you download an updated master database from the Uniden site, you have to repeat the process.

All things considered, creating Favorites Lists to manage channel delays involves the least amount of "pain".

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
"A few mouse clicks"? Please enlighten us on how this is performed with hundreds of channels.

Easily done in the Sentinel favorites list editor.

Choose which favorites list to edit.

Change the first channel's delay value in the list, then right click on that value and "copy" the new value.

Shift-click the last channel in the list to highlight the whole column.

Right click on the highlighted column and "paste"....... The new value will be applied to ALL of the channels in the column at the same time.

We will see how few.

Yes, We will.

325xia

Premium Subscriber

Change the first channel's delay value in the list, then right click on that value and "copy" the new value.

Right click on the highlighted column and "paste"....... The new value will be applied to ALL of the channels in the column at the same time.

Yes, We will.

This is helpful. And thanks for describing how to do it in Sentinel. You are right...few mouse clicks. :)

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator

This is helpful. And thanks for describing how to do it in Sentinel. You are right...few mouse clicks. :)

Well, I tried to do this as described. It doesn't work. Back to doing this manually on the scanner.

I just tried it and it worked for me.

And thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.