MedStar Medevac

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
What Frequency and tone does MedStar Medevac operate on in the Baltimore City area, I often see them landing at Shock Trauma, Thank You.

DisasterGuy

You misunderstand. Neither MEDSTAR hospital, University of Maryland nor John's Hopkins own helicopters or ambulances. In the case of Medstar and UMMS air programs the aircraft, pilot, medic and nurse are provided by Petroleum Helicopters Inc. In the case of Hopkins they are provided by STAT Medevac.

Similar is true of the hospitals ground programs. At UMMS ExpressCare and JHH Lifeline the ambulances and medics are provided by a contractor (currently AMR) and the transport RNs by the hospitals.

In each case with PHI the unit has the sponsor hospital transport programs branding and identifier (MEDSTAR 1, ExpressCare-1). But the hospital is not actually the operator.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
Also, just called people at both programs. PHI (who just filed chapter 11 BTW) still has no association with Medstar.

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
You misunderstand. Neither MEDSTAR hospital, University of Maryland nor John's Hopkins own helicopters or ambulances. In the case of Medstar and UMMS air programs the aircraft, pilot, medic and nurse are provided by Petroleum Helicopters Inc. In the case of Hopkins they are provided by STAT Medevac.

Similar is true of the hospitals ground programs. At UMMS ExpressCare and JHH Lifeline the ambulances and medics are provided by a contractor (currently AMR) and the transport RNs by the hospitals.

In each case with PHI the unit has the sponsor hospital transport programs branding and identifier (MEDSTAR 1, ExpressCare-1). But the hospital is not actually the operator.

James,

Then what about this? It doesnt mention that it is contracted out to anyone!
MedSTAR Rapid Transportation or this MedSTAR Transport Helicopter Service Marks 30 Years of Service

DisasterGuy

I stand corrected, the current contractor for Medstar appears to be Metro Aviation not PHI.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
Notice that antenna farm on roof of Hospital :)

It is a nice point in the City and you can see damn near everything from the rooftop, you can see a part of one of MIEMSS dishes in that pic.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Notice that antenna farm on roof of Hospital :)

It is a nice point in the City and you can see damn near everything from the rooftop, you can see a part of one of MIEMSS dishes in that pic.

Yeah looking again I guess no more drilling holes in the roof as many cables loop over the side and into window up top.
Odd looking 6 dish small antenna to right looks like 2 GHZ mesh net type.
The white tube encased antenna almost dead center looks just like my ADS-B antenna on my roof :)

Status
Not open for further replies.