Melbourne Beach PD

zensins

Premium Subscriber
Hey everyone, is anyone managing to tune in Melbourne Beach PD?

Brevard County Trunking System, Brevard County, Florida
They are listed as talkgroup 1303 in the Brevard County database, but I'm getting no traffic there, despite monitoring the Beach Simulcast tower for 48 hours and getting tons of traffic on other talkgroups.

Brevard County (FL) - The RadioReference Wiki
Radio Reference has no entry for them in their wiki.

Update: Just found this thread which confirms MBPD is dispatched by Brevard County Sheriff Office (BCSO). Is there any way to isolate this traffic from the rest of the BCSO dispatch traffic, and listen only to MBPD?

Last edited:

zensins

Premium Subscriber
I'm using UniTrunker w/RTL-SDRs.

I figure there has to be a way for MBPD to monitor their own radios for traffic meant only for them. No way they're listening to a bunch of unrelated BCSO radio traffic?

seagravebuff60

Office Assistant
Feed Provider
I'm using UniTrunker w/RTL-SDRs.

I figure there has to be a way for MBPD to monitor their own radios for traffic meant only for them. No way they're listening to a bunch of unrelated BCSO radio traffic?
Do you use trunking recorder to listen to audio?

zensins

Premium Subscriber
Do you use trunking recorder to listen to audio?
I'm using VAC to route audio from UniTrunker to Audacity set to "voice activated" which keeps the files nice and tight.

Nope they listen to all traffic on BCSO South channel.
I just wanted to confirm that I heard Melbourne Beach PD dispatched on talkgroup "BCSO 3 South" today, so this is 100% correct.