Memphis Wing Frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
This can happen sometimes. The repeater may have multiple input tones for various users, and someone else just unluckily had the same freq/tone combo to open the repeater. may even have been a ducting phenomenon. A lot of folks whine and moan and groan about digital, but you won't see this on an digital platform. Anyway, these issues are fixed usually very quickly. (Here's to hoping they do not have the input tone set to CSQ as that would just be stupid and asking for interference from anyone!)

Gatorman

New Info On Wing Freqs

Listening this afternoon and heard a Wing helo on 152.9 advise they were enroute Brownsville. Dispatch replied on 160.090!!!! and requested that they switch to the Jackson repeater. Hmmmmmm.

Regarding the comment about other traffic on the freq, I think there is a school district in MS that isn't that far away from Oxford using 152.9. Interestingly, these freqs are not licensed to the Wing like others but apparently leased from a commercial two-way service in North MS.

Regards!

Gatorman

It appears that the 152.9 repeater as well as possibly the Jackson repeater is linked via RF. I'm hearing both the base and mobiles on the input freq which indicates there is no wire-line connection, at least from the station I was hearing acting as the dispatcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.