bamx2

Premium Subscriber
Question about the database, I wasn't sure if there is a reason for it, of if it was an oversight.

Westfield Police and Noblesville Police are listed under the "Hamilton County Law Enforcement" Department/Group. Carmel and Fishers are listed under their respective city Department/Group. Is there a reason for that from a database standpoint, or has it just never been cleaned up?

Also why is there two different department/groups for Citizens Water? I never have System 2 enabled, so I wasn't sure what the reason was there.

cubn

Database Admin
The City of Indianapolis owned its own water system until Citizens Energy took it over in 2011.

I imagine that talk group category existed before and was just never merged with the other Citizens talk groups.

I think they predominantly use cell phones as I don't hear much on any of the Citizens talk groups.

Mattnik

Database Admin
Probably won't matter much longer. I believe they are going full encryption in a few weeks.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least. I'm listening to school busses, air and military federal most of the time now. And even most newer school frequencies are "capital E" now.

I remember fondly listening to KSA318 when I was in high school. Soon memories will be all that is left.

Matt