Metro Aviation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helitac

Premium Subscriber
Metro Aviation supplies Life Flight / Mercy Flight / MedStar helicopters/fixed wing aircraft for hospitals in our area. These aircraft are on contract and therefore radio frequencies are presumed to be licensed via Metro Aviation, not the local hospitals.

A check of RR database does not have frequency info for communications with these helicopters/aircraft between hospital and aircraft. If anyone in the area has a contact inside Metro Aviation, would it be too much trouble to ask for a list of common frequencies for Life Flight / Mercy Flight / MedStar in the Montana/Idaho/Washington state area?

Much appreciated

Helitac
Missoula, MT

Rotorwrench

The Metro aircraft that I've worked with in Louisiana use the state wide 700 mhz radio system for dispatch and flight following. Communication with hospitals is usually done by telephone or the hospitals radio system.

emtbls1987

Missoula Life Flight

life flight is being Dispatched threw Spokanes MedStar disp. the article is linked bellow. the FCC license i believe is WPXU974. and they have the main disp. on Point 6 on 173.325 and other temp. around Whitefish, Greatfalls, Beaverhead county, Helena. i do not know if these temp fixed are on a quiet zone until they come this way and the input freq .for this. and PL

MedStar looks to add flight and disptach services | North America > United States from AllBusiness.com

emtbls1987
NW MT

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Just wondering why this was asked in the Louisiana forum to begin with?

Helitac

Premium Subscriber
Why?

Because the choppers used by LifeFlight are operated by Metro Aviation in Louisiana. I thought someone in the area might know the freqs commonly used by Metro. Thanks!

Helitac

Status
Not open for further replies.