Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Canforce A310 tanker was working central Pa down past Morgantown WVA.

Checking the ZNY LiveATC archives, Canforce ID'd the BLADE 01 flight as 4 F-18s and said they would continue on the ALTRV. SCAR 61 type wasn't ID'd but the destination was given as New Orleans. Appear to have been CF-18s out of Bagotville/CYBG.

Last edited:

mdmonitor

mdmonitor

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Notice South Korea Air Force P-8A out of Boeing in Seattle still working as BOE-311.
This tail rolled out early last year and still not delivered yet. #230921 (71F00D)
Must have some bugs.. Supposed to get 6 new tails by end of this year but not looking good.

Carrier Gerald Ford working COMPUTEX down off Florida.

McGuire has been sending HOIST-81 tankers down there this week with bad luck as always return alpha 3.
The other day was jet fuel probe broke off in the tanker drogue hose.. Navy guys need more USAF tanker work :)

Last edited:

scottkrueger

Premium Subscriber
I am fairly new to RXing the air band and have been a scanner enthusiast for many years. My question is what is this thread all about? I live in Wa state in Wenatchee so I have SeaTac AP Spokane international and many airports around. I’ve never seen a thread in the west coat so that why I ask.
I have an HP1, HP2, BCD325p2 and I’m about to purchase the SDS200, I aslo purchased 2 SDR sticks.
I can’t believe how much interesting the air band is. I have a lot to learn about the AB.
What kind of antenna do you use? Sorry if I rambled along lol. Thank you for your input and the thread that you and other contribute.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
I am fairly new to RXing the air band and have been a scanner enthusiast for many years. My question is what is this thread all about? I live in Wa state in Wenatchee so I have SeaTac AP Spokane international and many airports around. I’ve never seen a thread in the west coat so that why I ask.
I have an HP1, HP2, BCD325p2 and I’m about to purchase the SDS200, I aslo purchased 2 SDR sticks.
I can’t believe how much interesting the air band is. I have a lot to learn about the AB.
What kind of antenna do you use? Sorry if I rambled along lol. Thank you for your input and the thread that you and other contribute.
This site mainly tracks regional area Mil aircraft via ADSB radar boxes and UHF/VHF radios. No need for expensive digital radios like you listed.
I use several old Bearcat 780/785 radios with UHF 200MHZ-400MHZ AM/FM capabilities. Also a Bearcat BCT-15X which is newer version of the same.The more radios the better.. Also use a Stridsberg multi coupler to connect one antenna cable to multiple radios.
You can get those old Bearcats on e-Bay for cheap..
You have a lot of interesting UHF Milcoms out your way with Boeing,McChord AFB and NAS Whidbey Island.
A roof type antenna is always best and lots to choose from,Yagi beam types and Discone Scanner types as well even the old roof TV antennas
do a nice job....

Last edited:

dmi

Premium Subscriber

Attachments

• Washington DC SFRA--CS_NE_20230223-page-408.pdf
    163.8 KB · Views: 15

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

mdmonitor

Got this from a fellow monitor in Florida. I had asked him about the Tyndall acft that were to come up to Langley.

His reply:

Tyndall should be scheduled to start receiving F-35A's later this year to replace the F-22 units that left. Unless that got axed.

The F-35A schoolhouse is currently at Eglin with the 58th and 60th FS.

The F-22's from the 43rd FS that were at Tyndall should already be at Langley.
I'd have to look up the units, but the others were sent to Alaska and Hawaii.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
On Monday, March 13, the President will travel to San Diego, California. He will meet with Prime Minister Rishi Sunak of the United Kingdom and Prime Minister Anthony Albanese of Australia and discuss the Australia – United Kingdom – United States (AUKUS) Partnership. The President will also participate in bilateral meetings with Prime Minister Sunak and Prime Minister Albanese.

AF1 will arrive at Naval Air Station North Island about 11:50 AM PT, with remarks at Naval Base Point Loma starting between 1:00 – 1:30 PM PT.

Other details as they are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.