Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Working now. Thanks. Maybe too well as you are hearing the ZDC controller on 363.000. Wonder if it would be better if this frequency was locked out ? The controller is very busy with civilian traffic, blocking out the other frequencies.
Yeah - I noticed the radio conditions just improved over the last hour or so - thermals - so it really started booming in.
Technically (if there were no trees in the way) - I probably have a direct line of sight to the antenna array at Millville airport KMIV

and I locked out 363.000 for now

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Notice today ADSBX is not showing full track history of Mil aircraft to origin.
Anyone else seeing this? Not a good sign if they leave it like this :(
Started today at work on other computer I was watching those P-8's near DC and had good
tracks then a minute later all the tracks were gone..

If you go on the Bald Geek Acars site and click on Map for any aircraft you get "503 Service unavailable" message..
Flight radar 24 seems to be normal tracing.

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Started today at work on other computer I was watching those P-8's near DC and had good

If you go on the Bald Geek Acars site and click on Map for any aircraft you get "503 Service unavailable" message..
Yes - I had a GLOBAL 21 (I think) C17 call on 255.400 that they were coming into VR-1709 at 1000 feet and 350 kts and saw it coming from the south on the tracking sites. Went outside and waited for it for pictures and never showed up. Turned up 30 minutes later tracking near McGuire. Almost like it ghosted me. I did see the data on my screen the whole time but it was not ADS-B tracking so did not know exactly where it was.

Mark

Premium Subscriber

Ok seems map server software back up and running here :)

Mark

Premium Subscriber
The Mountain Home F-15s arrived this afternoon at RAF Lakenheath as TABOR 71 and TABOR 81 flight.
They should be departing to CONUS tomorrow (Bangor or Seymour ?) on Coronet East 006.

I monitored them on aux frequencies <277.700> and <316.350>, any others that are confirmed recently ?

Thanks !!

René.
Rgr René supposedly according to this vid only 9 of the 12 showed up but was getting dark over there.
They are flying gas cans with all those ER fuel tanks underneath. Always a favorite to watch.

rhysackerman

Since the sale to a Private Equity firm, ADSBx have recently been making some changes to limit the amount of unnecessary public information is avaliable. As part of this they probably made a change to only allow "globe.adsbexchange.com" without knowing the implications, as the site relies on using tags on the end of the URL. That meant that any bookmarks or links to specific aircraft would not work, and also meant that tracks would not show as the URL to get them was inaccessable due to the change.

It is worth pointing out that since January (The sale), ADSBx have pulled a service used by a few people, broken their API at least once, only updated their database a handful of times since January (and existing aircraft cannot be changed), lost 2000 feeders for a short while due to a network issue when moving a server to the cloud, and deleted 2 and a half years of forum posts, which happened to also include those about the sale, with no official explanation even to this day.

It would be worth having a look at adsb.fi - It was set up as a result of the sale, and some of the team behind it were behind ADSBx until the sale. They parted ways as they did not agree with the sale and how they were treated by Dan ("owner").

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Since the sale to a Private Equity firm, ADSBx have recently been making some changes to limit the amount of unnecessary public information is avaliable. As part of this they probably made a change to only allow "globe.adsbexchange.com" without knowing the implications, as the site relies on using tags on the end of the URL. That meant that any bookmarks or links to specific aircraft would not work, and also meant that tracks would not show as the URL to get them was inaccessable due to the change.

It is worth pointing out that since January (The sale), ADSBx have pulled a service used by a few people, broken their API at least once, only updated their database a handful of times since January (and existing aircraft cannot be changed), lost 2000 feeders for a short while due to a network issue when moving a server to the cloud, and deleted 2 and a half years of forum posts, which happened to also include those about the sale, with no official explanation even to this day.

It would be worth having a look at adsb.fi - It was set up as a result of the sale, and some of the team behind it were behind ADSBx until the sale. They parted ways as they did not agree with the sale and how they were treated by Dan ("owner").
Seen this over the years as you can see by my RR join date. Software folks and chat groups come and go.
My scanner radios are still #1 though as I remember following then NY ANG F-16 CAP's over NYC/DC VHF after 9/11 with no ADSB.
I used to get worked up by changes elsewhere but found out often I was being suckered into something worse or no better.
When anyone dumps a company for a nice profit there is gonna be hard feelings.. That is just the business.
But sticking with my local Maryland Mil Radio Reference and ADSBX for now. :)

Last edited:

mdmonitor

VIP Movement Summary (does not include POTUS, VPOTUS, FLOTUS travel)

DATE: 10-11 Apr

10 Apr

SAM 683 (C-37 # 09-0525) ADW-Patrick AFB FL-ADW
Coast Guard 102 (C-37 # 02) DCA-Orlando-Key West-DCA
SAM 711 (C-37 # 20-1941) ADW-Miami-Caribbean??
SAM 572 (C-37 # 06-0500) Boeing Field WA-ADW

11 Apr

SAM 538 (C-37 # 11-0550) ADW-MacDill-Ft Huachuca AZ??
SAM 608 (C-37 # 18-1947) ADW-MacDill

Status
Not open for further replies.