Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4TX

Scanning since the age of crystal scanners.
Premium Subscriber
DECOY-99, a C-17 based at KMRB, is off again and now over western Pennsylvania. Usually that means that he will meet up with a Pittsburgh tanker. The -99 callsign is normally used for training flights.

N4TX

Premium Subscriber
Have you ever copied the WV ANG helos from Parkersburg on SIRN TG 9553? They calls Ops on it when they leave MRB.
I have SIRN (the statewide digital system, for those of you outside WV) on a separate handheld scanner and haven't been using it much since I got into MilAir. I do miss a lot of good stuff that way. But if there are ANG helps on TG 9553, I'll listen.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
I have SIRN (the statewide digital system, for those of you outside WV) on a separate handheld scanner and haven't been using it much since I got into MilAir. I do miss a lot of good stuff that way. But if there are ANG helps on TG 9553, I'll listen.
Interesting. National Guard helos in VA & NC are also using their statewide trunked systems. But as far as receiving, YMMV. Because P25 sites generally broadcast on the talkgroups where they have an actual radio affiliated, you may only hear helo traffic that's local to you. I get all sorts of things around VA because I live next door to the State Police HQ, where so many agencies have their base stations affiliated.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

N4TX

Premium Subscriber
Interesting. National Guard helos in VA & NC are also using their statewide trunked systems. But as far as receiving, YMMV. Because P25 sites generally broadcast on the talkgroups where they have an actual radio affiliated, you may only hear helo traffic that's local to you. I get all sorts of things around VA because I live next door to the State Police HQ, where so many agencies have their base stations affiliated.

73/Allen (N4JRI)
That's all correct, but I figure that some of the medevacs will come over Hardy County, where I am located, and hit the local SIRN towers.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Pax River P-8A touring the Falls today.. Nice view at 3.8k feet...
Now we are in Canada,Now we are in the US etc etc LOL
Wonder if a Guiness Book record for crossing same Intl Border in one hour :)
1689791906464.png

This morning 09:30 local on tape had a JERK-01 F-16 departing Atlantic City heading North last on ZNY 335.600 then
hear RTB Atlantic City at 12:50 local so a good long practice mission up North.

Last edited:

N4TX

Premium Subscriber
DECOY-55, C-17 nr 94-0070 from MRB left this afternoon and headed northwest toward northern Canada. Last shown position was from Mode S and was 36 minutes ago. He was then along the northern shore of Lake Huron.

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
RAF Tanker RRR-9110 dragging Typhoons with 1 showing up thru Nova Scotia back home.
Looks like they are dropping into Halifax airport.
Mark, Caught these guys on recordings today as they were transiting the area to land at Halifax. Much, much, chatter about landing runway 23 at CYHZ and where to taxi and how to fly around. Nothing too interesting that's for sure. Could not make out all the callsigns.

Saw on ADSB.NL the tanker and one Typhoon.

My log:
1646-1718z 359.500 A-A comms on boom freq. Talk about dropping into Halifax, NS.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Mark, Caught these guys on recordings today as they were transiting the area to land at Halifax. Much, much, chatter about landing runway 23 at CYHZ and where to taxi and how to fly around. Nothing too interesting that's for sure. Could not make out all the callsigns.

Saw on ADSB.NL the tanker and one Typhoon.

My log:
1646-1718z 359.500 A-A comms on boom freq. Talk about dropping into Halifax, NS.
They must have had enough Vegas Hot wx as seems that is where they were..
RRR9110 UK Royal Air Force Transport Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware
RRR9731 UK Royal Air Force Transport Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware

C-17 #ZZ-172 headed Northeast now near Quebec as well also out of Nellis.

Last edited:

freqhopping

USAF ACC flyover scheduled for Audi Field at 2030 local tonight.

Navy flyover scheduled for ANC on July 21 at 0910 local.
Jet flyover scheduled for ANC on July 24 at 1149 local. Sure are optimistic with the timing.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Interesting article.. Not surprised it is the politicians who dislike being tracked.. Personally I don't care much for
tracking them or celebrities.. NetJets and others have made nice niche for rich folks to use their leased aircraft so nobody
really knows who is on board.. I don't think will affect routine Mil flights and besides like the old days before ADSB there is always the radio :)

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
On Friday, July 21st and Saturday, July 22nd, First Lady Jill Biden will travel to Massachusetts for political events.

On Friday, July 21st in the afternoon, the First Lady will be in Provincetown, MA.
On Saturday, July 22nd in the afternoon, the First Lady will be in Nantucket, MA.

Screenshot 2023-07-19 18.10.10.png

Status
Not open for further replies.