Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
09-0015 SAM46, 92-9000 AF1 both up and on the way to Maine, Exec1F ( 01-0041) also heading out of NYC to Brunswick ME
Surprised they took the big plane as KBXM runways are only 8k feet long but they are 200 feet wide. :)
Portland Maine runways are even shorter..

That C-5M RCH-959 ended up diverting to Charleston airport area.. Thought if real bad problem would divert to Dover.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Surprised they took the big plane as KBXM runways are only 8k feet long but they are 200 feet wide. :)

It was a surprise expected 0015 as AF1 and 09-0016 as SAM46, seems last minute change.

Unfortunately, BXM airport doesn't have a tower or approach stream on Live ATC or Broadcastify

Last edited:

N4TX

Scanning since the age of crystal scanners.
Premium Subscriber
Fox reports the two carrier battle groups are still together in the eastern Med to conduct exercises.

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
It was a surprise expected 0015 as AF1 and 09-0016 as SAM46, seems last minute change.

Unfortunately, BXM airport doesn't have a tower or approach stream on Live ATC or Broadcastify
Hey guys, quick check while on break at work...

Listen to Portland (KPWM) for approach. There is a KBXM LiveATC feed but the person has it running the AWOS too so it probably locks up on that!

Hope to catch some recordings at home when I get out of work. Until then....

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, quick check while on break at work...

Listen to Portland (KPWM) for approach. There is a KBXM LiveATC feed but the person has it running the AWOS too so it probably locks up on that!
Listening to KBXM CTAF/AWOS on LiveATC for Android

Hope to catch some recordings at home when I get out of work. Until then....

AF1 was on PWM approach a few minutes ago, BXM does not have a tower

tazz

"SPORT 01" flight of A-10's with the Maryland Air National Guard 104th Fighter Squadron tracking near Keyser, WV heading east.

They were talking to Cleveland Center ARTCC Sector 55 Morgantown on 239.300 MHz

Aircraft were also using air to air interplane on 266.600 MHz and 271.400 MHz

Attachments

• mil.JPG
    mil.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 4

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
Down South RCH-959 C-5M #85-0010 was supposed to go from Cape Canaveral to Rota Spain
but seems it turned around shortly after departure and is now circling down there prob burning off fuel to land.
Those C-5M's can be mechanically quirky.
View attachment 150753
Quirky? The C-5M was the attempt to improve the reliability of the C-5, they were terrible in the past, If I remember right one out of 5 flights was aborted, the Air Force successfully argued that with a little money they could make some changes and get the C-5 fixed to an acceptable level. Which they apparently did. I'll have to look some of this up, I just remember all of this from memory.

Thanks
Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.