Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdmonitor

1505- Snoop 31 off DOV working Potomac (124.55). Potomac ctrlr asks is they are KC-135; Snoop replies they are a RC-135. Potomac says he's never seen that type of identifier. As he passed through Potomac airspace, the ctlr keep id'ing him as a KC-135 to other traffic. Potomac gives new routing. To OFF via RAMAY-Q72-HACKS-J149-EMPTY-J88-SPA-IRK-LMN-OFF. Passed right by my house at FL130 but high clouds in area so no visual. Rats.

1515- ADS-B showing identifier Canhear (UH-60 # 22-21226) off Hagerstown heading into WVA. First time I've seen that callsign.

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
You know, you're right, apparently they are closed. A surprise to me as I see more Dassaults in and out of KILG than anything. So I just assumed it was operational still. Perhaps the Egyptians were meeting DANG?
I would have to drive by there to see the activity - to know whether it is still a maintenance facility

Mark

Premium Subscriber
FRIDAY UPDATE:

The President and First Lady will arrive at Brunswick Executive Airport, Brunswick, Maine on AF1 about 2:25pm Friday.
EXEC1-F off Andrews headed Northeast.. Quickie NY trip? The little plane 01-0041 B737 type.
1814 local already descending towards Philly area but too high for Philly.. NY/NJ? Looks like in conga line for LaGuardia.

Last edited:

frank3si

Getting caught up on news from the last week or so, and came across this article about Portuguese Embraer KC-390s entering service. This aircraft flew southeast in my vicinity yesterday, and northeast this morning. Not close enough for me to shoot, but had I known it was coming a 15-20 minute drive would have had me in range. An interesting aircraft - not sure why it was in this area, though...

First KC-390 For Portuguese Air Force Enters Service

Update: I managed to find it passing by via an ADS-B replay from this morning:

11022023 Portuguese Embraer.jpg

Last edited:

frank3si

Getting caught up on news from the last week or so, and came across this article about Portuguese Embraer KC-390s entering service. This aircraft flew southeast in my vicinity yesterday, and northeast this morning. Not close enough for me to shoot, but had I known it was coming a 15-20 minute drive would have had me in range. An interesting aircraft - not sure why it was in this area, though...

First KC-390 For Portuguese Air Force Enters Service

Update: I managed to find it passing by via an ADS-B replay from this morning:

View attachment 150716

Just adding to the above post so I can tweak one particular line:

Not close enough for me to shoot photos with my telephoto lens, but had I known it was coming a 15-20 minute drive would have had me in range to get some images of it flying by.

One can't be too careful with wording these days ;)

For those curious, that Portuguese Embraer flight originated at Dothan Regional Airport in Alabama, eventually landing in Providence RI.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Friday POTUS travel, he heads to Maine in the afternoon, before heading to the beach, looks like Exec1F goes to Maine to meet POTUS...

1:00 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Joint Base Andrews en route to Brunswick, Maine
2:35 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Brunswick Executive Airport en route Lewiston Landing Zone, Lewiston, Maine
2:50 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive Lewiston Landing Zone, Lewiston, Maine

7:20 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Lewiston Landing Zone, Lewiston, Maine en route Brunswick, Maine
7:45 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Brunswick Executive Airport, Brunswick, Maine en route to Dover Air Force Base
9:20 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY Depart Dover Air Force Base, Dover, Delaware
9:40 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive at Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
A KC-130J RANGER-24 doing 9k altitude loops off Virginia Beach area #168068 out of
Pax River tonight.. Testing something or someone tonight.
Arrived from Texas a couple days ago as RANGER-35.Assume from VMGR-234 Fort Worth NAS.
1698972330214.png

Couple Del ANG H-60's up tonight locally not showing but on their A/A 242.400
One now showing off KILG R27060 #05-27060.. That would be fairly new tail for them.
The other one up is typical Del ANG #86-24516.They have some oldies but goodys.

Last edited:

dmi

Premium Subscriber
134.350 - YETI-168 x3 helo up with DCA Tower then switch 134.1

134.100 - Quantico Range Control - YETI-168 Checking in at Independent Hill for passenger drop off. Termination at the Academy.

What's the YETI callsign used for and what type helo?

Last edited:

xtremey

Did anybody hear a REDEYE or other Colorado callsign near ADW yesterday? Heard a rumor that the 140th was in town but was unable to confirm.

xtremey

0909L - BLACKJACKs 1 and 2 (2x USCG MH-65) working their “training area” slightly east of Andrews.

Reactions: dmi
Status
Not open for further replies.