Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Question, Command Post usually have a name that they go by. 305th AMW "Brickhouse", 108th ARW "Touch Control". Does anyone know what the 436th AW uses to identify their OPs/Command Post?
McGuire CP uses callsign BRICKYARD :)
I know sounds like Indy and someone posted a while ago where that name came from.
Maybe back to the 8th Air Force days?

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Just my 2 cents on recent ADSBX show. I don't quite understand the panic to ditch ADSBX cause some evil investment company
took it over.In the UK I understand this as they invented Radar mode-s hobby boxes and they have mode-s boxes every 3 square miles over there.
The new owners say they will not change anything and want to add some features.The biggest drawback I see now at ADSBX is still lots of lack of rural area coverages like in the US/Canada etc for example.It may be possible with someone new with deeper pockets to add mode-B coverage to these rural areas so mode-s gets even better.. I'm not ready to jump ship yet but will stay tuned and see.. :)

KO4RJX

Just my 2 cents on recent ADSBX show. I don't quite understand the panic to ditch ADSBX cause some evil investment company
took it over.In the UK I understand this as they invented Radar mode-s hobby boxes and they have mode-s boxes every 3 square miles over there.
The new owners say they will not change anything and want to add some features.The biggest drawback I see now at ADSBX is still lots of lack of rural area coverages like in the US/Canada etc for example.It may be possible with someone new with deeper pockets to add mode-B coverage to these rural areas so mode-s gets even better.. I'm not ready to jump ship yet but will stay tuned and see.. :)

I see it no different than Flightaware or FlightRadar24. Ultimately there making money off people who feed for free. I use that global map and have it running 24/7 in my office, maybe provide a free no-ad subscription if you feed.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
I see it no different than Flightaware or FlightRadar24. Ultimately there making money off people who feed for free. I use that global map and have it running 24/7 in my office, maybe provide a free no-ad subscription if you feed.
Yes that free volunteer aspect we all do irks many folks to someone making money off it.. I understand that.
What makes you think that new Fi group wont make money off google map hits etc down the road.
But volunteer feeders are not gonna get boxes into the Yukon,Alaska,Canada,US Mountain West/MidWest and some Carib Islands and other places.
Heck even some spots in Pennsylvania have many low altitude blank areas.Hopefuly new owners will send out teams to these areas and set them up.
BTW as a feeder myself for ADSBX there is an Ad free link given to you.

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber

If I understand the argument.....the investment company bought company and that includes all the data gathered by the company. Unfortunately, the data provided by the feeders (myself included) was basically provided for free and in return you get to see what others are feeding. I think the main concern now is that since it is in other hands - they may restrict access in the future to blocked aircraft and military and so for. The company I used to work for before retirement was bought out recently by a private investment company as well. The big difference is my company has product in stock, contracts guaranteed for many years to buy more Factory New product along with the contacts and airline contracts for wheels and brakes. Basically tangible things you can pick up. ADSBexchange relied heavily on people will to feed the data (we paid the cost for electricity - internet and time to manage the devices. So if you take away the free data provided you are left with nothing but FAA supplied data. We already have plenty of those web sites available that provide that stuff.

Similarly - they were other interesting comparisons with our buyout and the current one. Can't discuss those items but some of the complaints are similar.

BM82557

Fyi --

and

Guard Dog CAP is active - 260.9, 247.05, no air to air noted yet, BANKR10 63-8013 currently on ADSB, drops out from time to time

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

KO4RJX

Slept in today and decided to roll out of bed a little before 9 this morning, walked to my office where I keep ADSBExchange up 24/7. BOOM AV8B Harrier inbound at 1000 ft 5 miles out. Grab the camera and caught it flying behind the house.

Over the last month the AV8's have shown up in numbers from MCAS Cherry Point using ADS-B Transponders. Slowly making a list with hex codes

On another note, got to figure out what camera settings I'd been using for years before someone borrowed it last year and changed everything I had preset.

Attachments

• AV8B AE6171.jpg
    AV8B AE6171.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 09-42-19 ADS-B Exchange - track aircraft live.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 09-42-19 ADS-B Exchange - track aircraft live.png
    810.3 KB · Views: 22

KO4RJX

Meanwhile on the southeast border, looks like the USCG Air Station Miami flushed two C-144 and a FL AANG chinook 09-08826 came out of KMTH Marathon (Keys) to search the Keys.

I forgot to post yesterday. USCG Helicopter out of Air Station Elizabeth City worked two search patterns yesterday around the North/South Carolina Boarder. Hours later another Helicopter took over the search coming from somewhere around Georgia.

Related to this: Rescue crews suspend search for 23-year-old boater in North Myrtle Beach area, U.S. Coast Guard says

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
And here's a bit on what you can expect from the President in the week ahead.

Today, the President headed to Camp David.

On Sunday, he will travel to Wilmington, Delaware.

On Monday, the President will travel to Baltimore, Maryland.

On Thursday, the President will travel to New York, New York,

And on Friday, the President and the Vice President will travel to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. After, the President will travel to Wilmington, Delaware.

They just put up the TFRs for Wilmington and Baltimore.

Status
Not open for further replies.