Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

16Falcon

Have you guys seen this

ADS-B Exchange, larged unfiltered tracking network, sold to private equity firm

https://www.jetnet.com/news/jetnet-acqu ... hange.html

The site owner has sold out (to the tune of $8m apparently) without consulting the unpaid volunteers who host, maintain and develop the website. The latter are now effectively trapped supporting something, for free, that one guy got paid out for.

After a bit of a meltdown on the official Discord yesterday, their advice now is to stop feeding ADS-B Exchange if you do so. Feeding has gone from being involved in a community project to lining the pockets of VCs. Personally this was reason enough for me to stop feeding. Over the last 30 or so hours their network of feeders has dropped from around 11k to 9k, and is still dropping.

Hopefully a new, free and open source, replacement will appear in due course with all the benefits of ADS-B Exchange.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Have you guys seen this

ADS-B Exchange, larged unfiltered tracking network, sold to private equity firm
Hopefully a new, free and open source, replacement will appear in due course with all the benefits of ADS-B Exchange.

We've been talking about it for three days, the new free replacement has already been created and in only 24 hours carries 25% of the traffic ADSB ex does, feeders are leaving and joining ADSB-FI

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
1120- SCOTR01, SCOTR02 KC46s heading southwest passing east of AC at moment. 235.85 A/A

I see they have split up SCOTR 1-2. Any idea what they may be up to from the A-A chatter ? Clearance on the ground was back to KPSM. SCOOTER is a new PSM callsign for me. Maybe a 1 time thing for a special mission ?

Last edited:

mdmonitor

1120- SCOTR01, SCOTR02 KC46s heading southwest passing east of AC at moment.
235.85 A/A
1150- Scooter 1 (voice call) working Giantkiller (118.125) for entry into AR 636 at FL240-260. Scooter advises that Madfox (P-8 VP-5 “MAD FOXES” NAS JACKSONVILLE FL) is already in the AAR area.

1155- Haney 58 (E-6B # 163918 VQ-4 Det) off PAX heading northeast. Out to do some wire work offshore?

1204- Just had Devil 11 (F-16s NJ ANG) check in w/Devil Ops (261.0) advising that they are a 9-ship. A2A is 298.6. Confirmed 9-ship formation. Just had 9 acft doing ops checks on 298.6.

Last edited:

JetWash

NOTAM today for 139.4 PTD and METRO at DAA [Davison Army Airfield]: out to service until 7PM on January 30.

And I've long had a hard time when looking at NOTAMs and the NFDD...and in this forum...when restricted areas are mentioned by number only. ["R#### -- is that Warren Grove, or is that Indiantown Gap?"] So I've done some formatting from the latest AP/1A for areas within our listening areas, and came up with this attachment. Hope it's useful.

Attachments

• RESTRICTED AREAS 230126.txt
    33.5 KB · Views: 31

Frequency1

Premium Subscriber

I see they have split up SCOTR 1-2. Any idea what they may be up to from the A-A chatter ? Clearance on the ground was back to KPSM. SCOOTER is a new PSM callsign for me. Maybe a 1 time thing for a special mission ?

Unfortunately negative. The AA sounded like practice refueling. “Contact” “clear contact“
Approx 10 minutes after SCOTR’s split up I got a hit on 274.45 (AR218?)and SCOTR2 was mentioned. I only caught part of the transmission and nothing else was said.

mdmonitor

NOTAM today for 139.4 PTD and METRO at DAA [Davison Army Airfield]: out to service until 7PM on January 30.

And I've long had a hard time when looking at NOTAMs and the NFDD...and in this forum...when restricted areas are mentioned by number only. ["R#### -- is that Warren Grove, or is that Indiantown Gap?"] So I've done some formatting from the latest AP/1A for areas within our listening areas, and came up with this attachment. Hope it's useful.
Jet

Another home run. Very useful

Thanks for putting it together (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.