AirScan

Premium Subscriber
My thought would be

Huntress 260.900 228.900
Refueling 247.050
Fighter Air/Air applicable frequencies as needed
HMX frequencies 143.825 AM and FM plus their UHF freqs

Will that be enough ??

Looks good. I'd throw in the ATC UHF frequencies, as long as you can't hear the controller. If the scanner speed is fast and not an issue I'd throw in 121.500 and 255.400 (FSS, just to see if its used). Is it worth monitoring the SATCOM frequencies ?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
MONDAY POTUS schedule...

12:50 PM THE PRESIDENT departs New Castle, Delaware en route Baltimore, Maryland
1:25 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives in Baltimore, Maryland, Fort McHenry Landing Zone, Baltimore, Maryland
3:45 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Baltimore, Maryland en route the White House, Fort McHenry Landing Zone, Baltimore, Maryland
4:05 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives at the White House, South Lawn

WEEK AHEAD GUIDANCE FOR THE WEEK OF JANUARY 30, 2023 – FEBRUARY 3, 2023

Monday, January 30, 2023
- The President will travel from Wilmington, Delaware to Baltimore, Maryland, FLOTUS to Ft Drum NY, VP to Raleigh NC.

Tuesday, January 31, 2023 - The President will travel to New York, New York.

Friday, February 3, 2023 - The President and the Vice President will travel to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The President will travel to Wilmington, Delaware where he will remain over the weekend.

Last edited:

vgames15

Looks good. I'd throw in the ATC UHF frequencies, as long as you can't hear the controller. If the scanner speed is fast and not an issue I'd throw in 121.500 and 255.400 (FSS, just to see if its used). Is it worth monitoring the SATCOM frequencies ?
Most times the controllers don’t smilcast UHF/VHF they usually monitor both but only use UHF if someone else is talking on it.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber

The UHF ATC frequencies are already in there but Philadelphia does not turn off the UHF - so you will always hear the controller even if he is talking to aircraft on the VHF side. 121.500 is already in there, no need for 255.400 since there is no real use locally......Philadelphia controls the airspace. Down here at the beach it is more active with the VR route that passes by the area. SATCOM frequencies are already there as well,

The radio is an SDS200 so I guess it just depends on the delay I have set in the channels.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Here is the actual route plotted on SkyVector. Seem to be avoiding flying over Mexico ?
First time I've ever seen a flight operate through what I call "No-Man's Land" (no FIR).
Thanks. watching ASBX over time the US Military rarely ever crosses Mexico airspace unless invited like a Potus visit.
They seem to get the Cuba treatment or vice versa as regular pax airlines no problem but like US Mil flights to Guantanamo no can do.
Couple weeks ago watched Canforce1 fly direct over Cuba on way home but you won't see US Mil do that.

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Most times the controllers don’t smilcast UHF/VHF they usually monitor both but only use UHF if someone else is talking on it.

If you are talking about Philly - that is not the case. I am monitoring it now......319.150 and 317.55 are active and they are talking to aircraft on the VHF side.....additonally sectors are combined at the moment so I hear the same controller on both freqs. Actually one controller is handling all approach and departure activity

AirScan

Premium Subscriber

Not from what I've heard. Lots of times I have heard controllers working UHF traffic transmitting on VHF. Sometimes even cross-coupled so you hear the aircraft on UHF transmitting on VHF as well. Any particular ATC facility or sector you are talking about ?

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Not from what I've heard. Lots of times I have heard controllers working UHF traffic transmitting on VHF. Sometimes even cross-coupled so you hear the aircraft on UHF transmitting on VHF as well. Any particular ATC facility or sector you are talking about ?

Even more interesting is the process used by Washington Center for the remote sites at Kenton Delaware RCAG and the Sea Isle site.

Sea Isle VHF Transmits on 127.700 but you can hear the aircraft transmitting on 132.05 which is the Kenton frequency on 127.700 with the same volume as the controller. So the 132.05 activity is heard on 127.700

If you listen to the Kenton site on VHF - you hear the aircraft on 127.700 at the same volume as the controller on 132.05.

So basically VHF wise 127.700 is simulcast on 132.05 and vis a versa. And to answer the question - yes with the antenna height / line of site to horizon I can hear both remote sites.

mdmonitor

I was at a christening, but just got back and checked my recordings. Only one quick transmission heard here on 298.6. I usually hear ACY F-16's like they are next door. Elevation makes a huge difference, ie..., when they do flyovers, they are only maybe 1-2k feet up.
Saw it on the DVR though. Impressive flight of 4!

I noticed that they had their external tanks on.

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
Sea Isle VHF Transmits on 127.700 but you can hear the aircraft transmitting on 132.05 which is the Kenton frequency on 127.700 with the same volume as the controller. So the 132.05 activity is heard on 127.700

Frequency cross-coupling, common with many ZDC sectors when combined. My understanding is the FAA system can only couple one other VHF frequency at a time. Up here in Canada they can do multiple frequencies at once. Although I have heard other ZDC sectors cross-couple in at least one UHF frequency with the 2 VHF frequencies.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Frequency cross-coupling, common with many ZDC sectors when combined. My understanding is the FAA system can only couple one other VHF frequency at a time. Up here in Canada they can do multiple frequencies at once. Although I have heard other ZDC sectors cross-couple in at least one UHF frequency with the 2 VHF frequencies.

Yeah I monitor Moncton on LiveATC a lot for transatlantic traffic.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that they had their external tanks on.

They departed Atlantic City just after 14:00 EST and initially held in the SABRE Airspace. Then went back to tower,,,,,,about 10 minutes later they were back on with radar headed to SABRE HIGH airspace. Devil 11 flight then took IFR clearance to CEDAR LAKE and then inbound to a fix near the airport. Flight never went above 4 K in transit. ACY Radar 327.125 then to PHL Radar on 273.575

Status
Not open for further replies.