Mine Accident near Whitesville

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvscanner

Database Admin
It seem that the Kopper site is caring traffic on it over the mines. I only had it on a few min. and hearing DOT closing the road in that area and just missed tg9771 traffic. I'm trying to run stock antenna the lighting in this are is terrible.

Utah_Viper

From the latest news report its looking like this will be another long duration rescue effort. I hope that someone can get a good feed of the mine, and other related comms up soon. The other two feeds have a bit too much unrelated traffic

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
update 4am. news reporting 25 dead.

Sad ending.

Frank

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
Updated: 2:52 PM Apr 6, 2010

BREAKING NEWS: 25 Dead in W.Va. Mine Blast, 4 Missing, 2 Injured; Rescue Efforts Suspended
CEO Don Blankenship says the Upper Big Branch Mine isn't Massey's safest coal mine, but that doesn't mean the mine wasn't safe.

this is on the front page of WSAZ Home Page | Breaking News, Severe Weather, & Local News Coverage for West Virginia, Ohio, & Kentucky
For those who dont know, Massey has some of the worst mines in WV, WV being the largest coal producing state in the US. Thats just sad on Masseys Side

MOTOROLANUT

Its very sad that well over 100 years of coal mining, miners still have to risk their lives every day at work. Losses like this are a terrible blow to the community. My thoughts and prayers go out to the miners and their families.

wvscanner

Database Admin
I tried to setup a audio feed on Kopperston tower, but since I did not give the details on who is going to be on that system I was turn down. If they decided to change their story I will try again or if it still going on after Wednesday I will try to redirect the ports on my firewall to send from my location.

I have heard several of the major news network are staying in Beckley during this.

wvscanner

Database Admin
I'm on line with Kopperston tower, as well Raleigh County PD, and my area fire dept. Bradley. It may not have much traffic at times. I also will have the feed down while I moved from home to work with everything. Let me know how the volume is on it.

This should have some of the coverage on the mines. I think McCommas is getting some of the traffic and I can only get that while at work, here is the link.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=3037

pasadenamd

I'm on line with Kopperston tower, as well Raleigh County PD, and my area fire dept. Bradley. It may not have much traffic at times. I also will have the feed down while I moved from home to work with everything. Let me know how the volume is on it.

This should have some of the coverage on the mines. I think McCommas is getting some of the traffic and I can only get that while at work, here is the link.

Raleigh County, West Virginia (WV) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

Thanks! I also will be listening in!

wvscanner

Database Admin
They must going to retrieve the bodies today. Several Jan care and Beckley Fire Dept. just went down Rt 3 to that way.

wvscanner

Database Admin
I got the alpha tags working if you use winamp to listen to the Raleigh County feeds. I should not have anymore disruptions from the feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.