• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor IV Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

118chief

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I recently just purchased a Minitor IV pager, Had a question with programming I run with two departments and had both put in the pager but however I was wondering if you can set different tone alerts to the pager instead of just the standard beep, I was hoping to have one dept tone to beep and the other to flat line the (continuous) both departments are dispatched on the same channel any help would be greatly appreicated

Steve

jmfirefighter

If I recall properly, the Minitor IV is only able to do the standard beep. You would need a Minitor V to have different alerts.

brian209

Feed Provider
I saw this question but have not had the need to be programming any Minitor IV pagers recently and so I could never check to be 100% certain.

This morning I remembered to stick a IV onto the programmer and read the program. Sure enough, there is no way to select a tone.

The Min V does have a musical tone dropdown (I guess they say "Musical" to avoid people thinking it has something to do with the activation frequency or "tone").

NCFire11

The Minitor V will let you do 10 different types of alerts for any tone set(2tone or longtone)

The IV will do the beep beep beep for a two tone decode and the solid beeeeeeep for the long tone.

Devilz311

The Minitor V will let you do 10 different types of alerts for any tone set(2tone or longtone)

The IV will do the beep beep beep for a two tone decode and the solid beeeeeeep for the long tone.

You can get it to have a long beep for 2-tones, I think it has to do with the on/off duty settings. I have to try and dig up an old codeplug to find out.

My IV was programmed to have a long solid beep for duty tones, and quick beeps for all-call.

NCFire11

You can get it to have a long beep for 2-tones, I think it has to do with the on/off duty settings. I have to try and dig up an old codeplug to find out.

My IV was programmed to have a long solid beep for duty tones, and quick beeps for all-call.

I'd love to see how you did that.

Devilz311

Ok, I just pulled the programming from my Minitor IV.

We have two set of tones: Duty and All-Call. Both sets have a common A tone.

The coding option on the F1 screen is R97.

Now the On/Off duty is reversed for some reason. Call 1 is the A&B freq's for the All-Call tones, Call 2 is the Duty tones.

Call 1 is duty ON
Call 2 is duty OFF

Under the Function Switches tab:
A - All-Call; option 8. Note: When pagers are set to All-Call, they will not activate for Duty Tones.
B - Duty; option 2. Note: When pagers are set to Duty, they will activate for both Duty and All-Call tones.
C is vibrate duty, option 6
D is monitor, option 0.

This gives a standard beep beep beep for all-call, and a continuous beep for duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.