Mississauga Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Last week I heard the vehicular repeater on the 859 frequency in the clear too.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
They ceased use of the UHF channel as of Monday. They no longer voice out dispatches unless the truck being dispatched is "on the air" - that is, not in the station. Dispatches are transmitted to the station over IP using the Locution system - same deal as Toronto EMS.

This is for Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Well that sucks.... So my next guess will be that they will switch from alpha paging to emails of the calls.

TheWarlock

So using this new system do calls still go out on the P25 system ch.1?

They ceased use of the UHF channel as of Monday. They no longer voice out dispatches unless the truck being dispatched is "on the air" - that is, not in the station. Dispatches are transmitted to the station over IP using the Locution system - same deal as Toronto EMS.

This is for Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Only if a truck is out of station and on the air. So lets hope no one puts up a audio feed for the OPS channel or we will see them go enc quickly.

maxtracs

Has Brampton fire dispatch gone tdma and if so will Mississauga do the same

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Has Brampton fire dispatch gone tdma and if so will Mississauga do the same

If you reread the thread Mississauga has changed and Brampton will all likely hood do the same. Dispatch over IP, I can't see them using TDMA on the OPS channels, not for Fire. So dispatching will be only with IP and Paging unless a truck is on the air then he will be voice dispatched. I haven't listened to Fire in a week so i have no idea for sure. My guess, i was told Brampton fire is back dispatching from a buddy in towing.

Status
Not open for further replies.