MNR

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Are you going to submit the 4NRT04 Talkgroup for Zone 4 to the database Steve or do you want me to do it later.

Yah that is what it will be labelled as for all 4 zones.

Since that is the only and main Talkgroup now used for the MNR. I have heard it on the White River Zone 4 Tower Frequency (142.095) when there happened to be a MNR unit in range of that tower.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Karlo, since you're the one that heard it, it's probably best if you did it although I'm sure Mike will add it at some point.

SCPD

QRT
Ok guess I can submit it later on tonight or tomorrow morning for Mike to add it to the database

uncleblackie

I guess they decided to get their own dispatch after getting tired of being treated like second class citizens by the PCC.

Time and time again I would hear an MNR CO call in to the PCC here, only to be told to stand by as the dispatcher was busy on another talk group and they would sometimes take 5 minutes or more to get back to them.

I doubt your statement though that PCC no longer has access to the MNR talk groups if they need to.
Maybe not the tactical tg's that they are now currently operating on, but logic would dictate that there would still have to be interoperability and even more importantly a backup comm centre so I would think the PCC would still have access to the old tg's if needed, no?

SCPD

QRT
The PCC does not have access to the MNR Talkgroups anymore because a couple times I have heard a OPP officer asking the PCC to get a hold of a MNR officer and they told the officer they no longer dispatch them. So to me that means they no longer have the MNR Talkgroups to use. If they did then they probably would then try to get a hold of MNR officer.

So just going by that Motorola or whoever must of went to each PCC and removed all the MNR Talkgroups from their radios at dispatch.

And that is why it's all done out of the Sault and on the one Talkgroup only now instead of the Sault looking after 3 Talkgroups just like the PCC did. Probably alot easier just to have everyone on one Talkgroup only instead of 3 different ones.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
The PCC does not have access to the MNR Talkgroups anymore because a couple times I have heard a OPP officer asking the PCC to get a hold of a MNR officer and they told the officer they no longer dispatch them. So to me that means they no longer have the MNR Talkgroups to use. If they did then they probably would then try to get a hold of MNR officer.

So just going by that Motorola or whoever must of went to each PCC and removed all the MNR Talkgroups from their radios at dispatch.

And that is why it's all done out of the Sault and on the one Talkgroup only now instead of the Sault looking after 3 Talkgroups just like the PCC did. Probably alot easier just to have everyone on one Talkgroup only instead of 3 different ones.

Chances are the MNR talkgroups are still there. NOT being able to use them vs. not having access is two different things. Dispatchers have to do what they are told to do / not to do so if someone says don't use them they can't use them even if they have access.

Removing the MNR channels would be a safety issue, what if PCC SSM failed.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
If an MNR officer really needs to get a hold of the OPP, there are other channels that can be used that aren't specific to either agency.

SCPD

QRT
Maybe they are still there was just thinking they weren't because of like I said in my previous post that North Bay dispatch before told a couple units that they don't dispatch them anymore. So was just going by that, that they no longer have the MNR Talkgroups to use since it is all done from the Sault now.

So maybe they do and they just don't monitor them anymore because of it all being done out of the Sault now.

Yah maybe, will see.

icarus1963

Premium Subscriber
Hey Eric,
Saturday night I was listening to a group of those Charlie units, Charlie 662,637,650,665. All were together watching some area just south of Brantford. They were using OPP 1TAC01, and talking to London Comm.The one unit mistakenly called himself Romeo unit, but was soon corrected by dispatch.

Andy

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Here is a link to the administrative regions for the MNR. This may come in handy when hearing ID's an such, might help in identifying where units are calling in from and if they have ID's specific to there district offices.

I know some of the areas I've heard mentioned while listening in my region have been within the following district office boundaries, Parry Sound, Algonquin Park, Bancroft, Pembroke, Peterborough and Kemptville all on the one talkgroup. Chatter is very minimal but they have been popping up alot more frequently.

http://www.ontario.ca/document/map-ministry-natural-resources-and-forestry-office-locations

https://dr6j45jk9xcmk.cloudfront.net/documents/3805/mnr-areas-map-20140526.pdf

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hey Eric,
Saturday night I was listening to a group of those Charlie units, Charlie 662,637,650,665. All were together watching some area just south of Brantford. They were using OPP 1TAC01, and talking to London Comm.The one unit mistakenly called himself Romeo unit, but was soon corrected by dispatch.

Andy

Cool Andy!

Hunting? Fishing?

Maybe they were on some joint venture with the OPP or 6 Nations?

I haven't a clue as to what rules and what times that hunters will be allowed to hunt.

Dunno if they deal with Grow Ops or gun issues.

Maybe I'll set my scanner to record only MNR, make sure I see if they are patched with any of the OPP Tg's and let it go.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Here is a link to the administrative regions for the MNR. This may come in handy when hearing ID's an such, might help in identifying where units are calling in from and if they have ID's specific to there district offices.

I know some of the areas I've heard mentioned while listening in my region have been within the following district office boundaries, Parry Sound, Algonquin Park, Bancroft, Pembroke, Peterborough and Kemptville all on the one talkgroup. Chatter is very minimal but they have been popping up alot more frequently.

http://www.ontario.ca/document/map-ministry-natural-resources-and-forestry-office-locations

https://dr6j45jk9xcmk.cloudfront.net/documents/3805/mnr-areas-map-20140526.pdf

Thank you for the Maps!

A friend of a friend of mine is a fisherman. He probably fishes every day, lives in Niagara Falls, fishes the gorges down there alot.

He once told me that there are usually 2 officers and indeed the office is in Vineland.

VA3DCO

Under the old system when dispatched by the OPP Comm Centers the MNR used the call sign (R) Romeo to identify as MNR (Resources) unit along with there badge number. ie, R249, For MTO officers they use the letter (T) to signify Transportation.Now that they have switched to Sault Ste Marie Comm Center they have done away with the letter (R) and switched it to (C) for Conservation Officer, (DC) for Deputy Conservation Officer and (PW) for Park Warden along with there individual badge number. ie C249. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.