MO INTERPOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

keninmo

I just purchased the BCD536HP scanner and used the Uniden Sentinel software to program it. I live in Springfield, MO, and all local and county law enforcement are working fine,but no activity for MO state Highway Patrol at all. I know it's active because I can hear it on Broadcastify, and it's very active. I've went through and turned on all law enforcement groups, and still nothing. I hope I didn't pay $600 for a scanner that doesn't work for whatever mode they use.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
keninmo, your 536HP should receive MHP fine. If you post in the MO forum someone there my be able to help you dial in what the problem is. I'm guessing they are still using the low-band in that area or you are scanning too many systems to stop on MHP traffic.

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
Check RR for the control channel frequencies of the site(s) nearest your location. See if you hear control channel noise. Select the talkgroup(s) you want to monitor. Many areas are multi-broadcasting on the "old" frequencies for the benefit of those who haven't switched over to the new system.
BB

SCPD

QRT
Fool-proof:
update the database by removing the SD card and using the sentinel software.
put the card back in the scanner
delete all the favorite lists
load fulll database
put your zip code in
set the scanner for the range you want to hear (mines at 1 mile)
make sure ALL service types are on
create a new favorites list and name it HOME.
add current channels to the favorite list
then select the service types you want to hear
set the favorite list to monitor choose HOME ONLY.Shut off full database at this point
hit FUNC+SYS to scan! (it now should load fast!)
then from there you can avoid channels you dont want by hitting avoid
or later go into the sentinel software,load your favorite list and edit it add quickkeys or whatever you want.
Be sure to update the SD card every week to stay on top of things that change

Last edited:

keninmo

Troop D on interops

I've had a Uniden BCD536HP going on 6 months now, and still unable to receive MO Highway Patro troop D on NTEROPS or anywhere else for that matter. I live on the north side of Springfield, MO not far from I-44 and should be able to pick it up if my scanner was set up properly. Can somebody PLEASE help me? This is by far the most complicated scanner I have ever seen. If someone could talk me through it, I would be grateful. Ken

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
You should be able to hear them if you have the MOSWIN system programmed in correctly...I can hear them all the way up here in Pulaski County from the Laclede tower using just the stock rod antenna most of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
Have you programmed in the correct control channel frequencies for the site nearest to you? Can you hear the control channel P25 digital noise? Have you programmed in the correct talk groups you want to listen to?

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
You must have programmed something wrong. Did you use computer software to program MOSWIN? Did you do it manually? Is the system for MOSWIN 'ON'? There are many questions here. We would love to help, I guess we need more info. MSHP does 'sometimes' switch to the old LO Band. Another suggestion. Try monitoring 'only' the MOSWIN system and make sure all your settings are correct. From Springfield it is very easy to monitor. New system or old. My guess ..... you will find a real simple solution to your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.