Mobile 2 Meter Install in 2006 Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiowave15

Hello all,
I'm new here. I have been a General licensed ham for 20 years and used to be somewhat active on the bands. Then life took over...marriage, kids, job, etc. I'm slowly getting back into the hobby. I've always enjoyed CW as well as other modes and want to get back into those.

I also wanted to get a rig back in the car. In college and the years after I did a lot of HF and VHF while driving around. My current vehicle does not have much space for radios. However, after a lot of thought I designed a dash mount for an old 2 meter that did not require any drilling of holes into the dash. It's very solid and can come out in less than a minute.

I'm sure others could build better looking mounts but this is my $12.00 design. I did a quick YouTube video of the build.

Ham Radio Install on 2006 Ford Mustang - YouTube

Thanks,
Dan

radiowave15

Thanks guys.

Mike - I almost did that, but then opted for the dark black.

The thing I don't like is the mount for the Sirius. Kinda sticks out too far for my taste. I also like really solid mounts and that plasticky articulating mount doesn't do it for me. I'll have to give it more thought. I'm open for suggestions.

Dan
N3HNA

Status
Not open for further replies.