Mobile antenna mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi all,

I'm from India and I'm looking for suitable trunk mount for my Yaesu ATAS120 A antenna, I'd shortlisted Diamond K400C and MFJ-345S trunk mount which come with cable and connector. problem is they are available only in US and if i buy them from us seller my shipping cost goes above 90$ which is more than cost of product itself, so i tried searching for seller in asia, problem is most of asian sellers on ebay are selling just a trunk mount like (Diamond K400, K405, jetstrem MB400) without cable and connector assembly, now mount without connector & cable is of no use can someone help me what type of cable and connector assembly I'll need with these mount to use with my atas120a antenna ?

TIA

W2PMX

Since I don't own one, I can't be certain, but it looks as if you need a length of RG58U (15 feet is usually enough for any car) with a connector that matches the one on your radio (usually a PL-259 connector with a UG-175 adapter). As far as any connector on the antenna, if there is one, I'd guess it also needs a PL-259/UG-175 combination. The connectors and adapters should be readily available - and pretty cheap. (A PL-259 is also called a 'UHF' connector.)

Do yourself a favor and get the ones that have to be soldered to the cable. Really good crimp connectors work, with really good crimping tools. But cheap crimp connectors are almost worthless. So are "solderless" connectors that just push on.

Hi W2PMX

Thx for help, i know atas 120a has PL-259 connector which needs to be mounted on SO-239 what i want to know is there any ready to use complete assembly with connectors on both side (similar to K400C cable visible in this link Texas Towers, Diamond K400C Page)

TIA

K4APR

Do you have any friends in the states that could purchase it for you and then ship it for a reasonable shipping charge? I know many hams in Europe that do this all of the time. Even with the added VAT, they still come in under.

W2PMX

Hi W2PMX

Thx for help, i know atas 120a has PL-259 connector which needs to be mounted on SO-239 what i want to know is there any ready to use complete assembly with connectors on both side (similar to K400C cable visible in this link Texas Towers, Diamond K400C Page)

TIA
A cable with 2 male connectors? I don't think that anyone selling coax cable doesn't sell some sets with connectors already installed. Or with one connector. Or with one male and one female. But since you're where you are, there may not be any local source for you. (Putting the connectors on, assuming minimal skill and tools, should take about 5 minutes for the first one, and about 1 minute per connector after that. The 4 minutes are allowed for correcting mistakes the first time. It's not difficult.)

Thx KE4NYV & W2PMX for help, fortunately i found both mount (NAGOYA RB-600) & cable connector assembly (NAGOYA RC-5MB/5M 5M w/RG-188A/U w/ weather cover for Radio/Antenna) both from a ebay seller in Taiwan for 46$ (shipping included). think its good deal and fulfill my mounting requirement. once again thanks for advice.

73's
shri

Status
Not open for further replies.