Mobile Relay Associates NXDN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
I sent this via private message to a database admin over a month ago and it hasn't been replied to or opened yet, so I wanted to post here:

"Just curious about something in the DB. I consistently see updates for Mobile Relay Associates, which I know RR can't display due to the legal whinging from them. May I ask why the database is updated if it's not publicly viewable nor downloadable? I have to head to SoCal next week to present and was considering my options vis-à-vis NXDN stuff."

Thanks

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
So I cannot find it in the database anywhere. It may well be in the downloadable TRX library but I have not updated that in years as I do not use it beyond the initial (2016?) attempt. I found the information I was looking for elsewhere on the web. Thanks for the reply.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
No worries, I didn't realize it myself until someone asked me a while back, and I checked while logged out lol

b52hbuff

It would be interesting to hear why MRA successfully got their data removed from the site, and even after 11 years it is still not available. I read the back and forth between the lawyers. Seems like RR.com's lawyer believes it is ok to publish the information. Makes me wonder why RR.com fears legal retribution from MRA's lawyers?

prcguy

Does anyone have the old data before it was taken down? BTW, Mark Abrams, the president of MRA lives up the road from me a bit and is known for taking legal action to the limits.

It would be interesting to hear why MRA successfully got their data removed from the site, and even after 11 years it is still not available. I read the back and forth between the lawyers. Seems like RR.com's lawyer believes it is ok to publish the information. Makes me wonder why RR.com fears legal retribution from MRA's lawyers?

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
One would think in the absence of the normal outline of trunked systems, that links to the public FCC pages would be allowed and in place.

chris

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
One would think in the absence of the normal outline of trunked systems, that links to the public FCC pages would be allowed and in place.

chris

Do you mean links to every license/location? The license information in and of itself wouldn't help anyone wanting to monitor the system since (a) not all freqs on a license are used, (b) freqs from different licenses (and entities) are used on various sites, (c) there would be no talkgroup data involved in FCC public pages, and (d) there would be no LCN information in FCC records. So what would the use be? You or anyone else can do a search for yourselves in the FCC records for any of that information already.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.