MobileTech NXDN Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
Things are pretty quiet in my neck of the woods too. Besides TG 32, I have been hearing voice traffic on TG 47 and TG 48.

TG 47 - Believe this is an Oneida Taxi. Monitoring it from the Manlius system.
TG 48 - School Bus. I hear them out delivering meals, but can't discern where they are located. I'm hoping they give me a geographic clue like an address. I will continue monitoring.

k2hz

Database Admin
Site 90 now appears to be in service with local TG activity. It came back on the air Friday evening but with only TG32 (Fulton Taxi) traffic and all local TGs rejected. As of today, the local TGs are active on the site and I am not seeing any registration rejections. TG32 is also still there although it is not local. Mobiletech has probably affiliated it to this site to generate steady traffic for test purposes with local traffic being sparse due to the school closings.

Apparently only 2 channels at the site available at this time since simultaneous voice activity by a second TG is on the CC. There seems to be an anomaly in DSD+ that an occasional voice transmission on the CC will falsely display as Encrypted although the voice is decoded normally. This is very rare but has happened several times and always only for voice on the CC while both site channels are in voice traffic.

Traffic on all sites remains very low due to minimal school bus activity so chances of discovering new voice channels remain poor at this time.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
Things are still slow on the Mobiletech systems. I am hearing TG 50 on the Pulaski, Manlius, and Tully systems. This talk group is listed as school buses in the database. Unfortunately, I don't know which school system it is. I am also hearing TG 21, Waterloo CSD buses from Tully. I believe that most of these buses are delivering meals in their districts.

I have been hearing TG 75 testing on the Pulaski system for the last few days. I have no idea who they are. If you are in range of Pulaski, please give a listen for this talk group.

k2hz

Database Admin
I have heard brief activity on TG 71 and saw a TG 73 unit register on the system. I also heard one very brief exchange from 2 TG 75 units over the weekend and nothing since. I suspect these all may be in the CNY area since I only saw brief activity out my way on S Bristol which tends to have distant TGs show up occasionally. TGs 8, 11, 13 & 21 all have some limited daily activity in my area with meal delivery and other special activity.

TG 71 seemed to be doing some sort of delivery to a residence so don't know if it is a school or business. When I first heard them, I thought it was the TG 17 garbage trucks until I looked at the display and saw it was a new TG.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
on S Bristol which tends to have distant TGs show up occasionally. TGs 8, 11, 13 & 21 all have some limited daily activity in my area with meal delivery and other special activity.

Have you been able to pick up any traffic on any of the Monroe County sites? I sat on the "new" Horseshoe Lane site all day yesterday and there was no traffic at all. I cannot even pick up a carrier on any of the other sites. Today I monitored the Bristol site and there was quite a bit of traffic. As you said, most of it was buses delivering meals to students.

k2hz

Database Admin
The last time I checked the Horseshoe Lane CC, there was no voice traffic on the site and registration attempts from TG 8 were being blocked. I observed the same registration blocking on Site 60, Avon which also had no voice traffic. All the other Monroe County CCs are active but I have not checked traffic recently. Brockport and Greece are weak at my location but Honeoye Falls and Penfield are strong and Baker Hill is wide coverage and a lot of activity like S Bristol.

With the limited school operation, the only constant activity is the TG 17 garbage trucks.

k2hz

Database Admin
Mobiletech has FCC Applications pending to add frequencies to the following sites:
Alma, Arkwirght, Attica, Hannibal, Horseshoe Lane, Napoli and Wellsville. Also an application to change LTR-NET Site 29 Macedon to NXDN.

The Macedon application has been held up by Canadian coordination although it is just a change in emission type. It has been under FCC review since 4/01 so maybe some action soon. It looks like Mobiletech is anticipating some growth at the western NY sites.

If I see any applications are granted I will post the info here.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I’m surprised the Tonawanda or Boston site hasn’t been changed over yet. I know nothing too crazy or critical happens on this system, but I would think that those would be helpful in allowing a smooth transition to a NXDN from LTR-Net seeing how the Buffalo region has a significant population on this side of the state. Both of those LTR-Net signals basically blanket Erie County. The only thing I can think of is that I don’t know of any users of Mobiletech in Erie County seeing how the majority of private TRS users are on FM Communications and SaiaNet’s system.

k2hz

Database Admin
I’m surprised the Tonawanda or Boston site hasn’t been changed over yet.
Is there any LTR-NET activity on those sites? I never saw any TGs from that area in the RRDB. The only user I am aware of out that way is the Medina school buses. I see Tonawanda and Boston are still just the original LTR-Net frequencies with no applications to change anything other than the mandatory narrow banding several years ago.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I don’t recall anything coming to mind. I submitted the Boston site last year or so, and I don’t believe I got any hits, just the channel data

tayridge

ELGIN ONTARIO CANADA / tayridge34@gmail.com
Receiving in Elgin, Ontario MOBILETECH NXDN with a strong and constant 8 out of 10 signal on 150.860 which is Rutland NY. Jefferson County.
Site is showing as R 13-9 with Neighbour Info as R13-48 cc 272 R13-48 cc158 R13-10368 cc 792 R13-11392 cc 776. Monitored the site today for about three hours but received no data or comms.

k2hz

Database Admin
Receiving in Elgin, Ontario MOBILETECH NXDN with a strong and constant 8 out of 10 signal on 150.860 which is Rutland NY. Jefferson County.
Site is showing as R 13-9 with Neighbour Info as R13-48 cc 272 R13-48 cc158 R13-10368 cc 792 R13-11392 cc 776. Monitored the site today for about three hours but received no data or comms.
Thanks for the info! Your neighbor site data seems to be garbled. What software are you using for CC data decode?
Each neighbor should be a unique R13-xx and the CC should be 4xxxx. The Channel Plan is Base 100 MHz Step 1.25kHz.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It's important for anyone wishing to track/monitor this system with DSD+ that you use only the most recent versions of Fast Lane to do so, currently at release 2.246. As @k2hz points out, previous versions had issues decoding NXDN48 and are unreliable at best, easily capable of spitting out completely bogus info at worst.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
With enough clues from the transmissions, I finally figured out that Talk Group 75 is the Altmar-Parish-Williamstown (APW) School District. I used to hear this neighboring school district on the Camden LTR Net. This move to the NXDN system also explains the silence on the old frequencies. Now I wonder if Camden will ever get the NXDN upgrade?

Also, a new talk group appeared today - TG 56. I heard a short voice transmission on the Pulaski site.

k2hz

Database Admin
Good work on the ID for TG75.

The license for Camden and Williamstown was modified to add NXDN last year so an upgrade may be pending. Is the Camden 152.945 LTR-NET CC still on the air? If not the site can be submitted as deprecated. The APW LTR-NET TG can also be deprecated.

Status
Not open for further replies.