MobileTech NXDN Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
Please refresh my memory. Does the LTR-NET control channel have a continuous signal (like a P25 or NXDN trunked system)?

k2hz

Database Admin
LTR-NET is a continuous carrier that sounds like there is no modulation since the data is sub-audible (sort of like DPL) . So, it just sounds like an open mic with maybe a little low pitched noise.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the help. I submitted both the Camden site (49) on the LTR-Net system as well as the APW talk groups for deprecation.

When I started checking some of the other LTR site frequencies, I discovered the Pulaski control channel on 151.970 is still transmitting. Maybe the owners are waiting for some of the users to transition over. I'm sure this crazy COVID-19 slowed down the upgrades.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Note that we have no way to set a site to deprecated status, only to delete it entirely, so please be sure that it's truly dead before submitting! (not specific to @R0am3r's post, just in general)

k2hz

Database Admin
When I started checking some of the other LTR site frequencies, I discovered the Pulaski control channel on 151.970 is still transmitting. Maybe the owners are waiting for some of the users to transition over. I'm sure this crazy COVID-19 slowed down the upgrades.
That is true on some sites. The LTR-NET CC remains, there is a NXDN CC and the voice channels are shared on-demand. My understanding is they are generally waiting for users to be ready to upgrade rather than pushing new radios on existing users.

This may be especially true for school bus systems with their annual budgeting concerns and need to amortize investment in existing radios.

k2hz

Database Admin
TG 48 is still unidentified and formerly reported LTR-NET user South Lewis CSD is a possibility if it is in the Rome area. If it is in the Illion area, Central Valley CSD is a possibility.

k2hz

Database Admin
Mobiletech has FCC Applications pending to add frequencies to the following sites:
Alma, Arkwirght, Attica, Hannibal, Horseshoe Lane, Napoli and Wellsville. Also an application to change LTR-NET Site 29 Macedon to NXDN.

The Macedon application has been held up by Canadian coordination although it is just a change in emission type. It has been under FCC review since 4/01 so maybe some action soon. It looks like Mobiletech is anticipating some growth at the western NY sites.

If I see any applications are granted I will post the info here.
The Macedon, Site 29, license was granted this week adding NXDN emission. Site is still LTR-NET on all frequencies for now.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
When I monitor the Pulaski Mobiletech NXDN site, I see lots of activity (group calls), but no audio. Is this normal? Maybe I don't understand how these Mobiletech systems work. I know my DSDPlus FL setup is working correctly because when I change the FMP24 frequency, I can hear my local P25 system.

k2hz

Database Admin
I suspect you probably have co-channel interference on the 151.550 voice channel that is indicated for the observed activity.

That is a common problem I have on many distant sites. The CC frequency is clear at my location but there are co-channel sites on one or more voice channels.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
When I monitor the Pulaski Mobiletech NXDN site, I see lots of activity (group calls), but no audio. Is this normal? Maybe I don't understand how these Mobiletech systems work. I know my DSDPlus FL setup is working correctly because when I change the FMP24 frequency, I can hear my local P25 system.

View attachment 84799
SynthSlot1 - Voice audio synthesis is enabled for DMR slot 1 only

You really ought to disable that. Also make sure that you actually want the monitoring threshold set to 50 and monitor mode set to 1. I suspect that you've toggled a few too many options, and really ought to reset everything to start fresh.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for suggestions. I reset everything and am back on-line. There is a really good chance that I had the wrong window focus on DSDPlus and thought I was changing frequencies in FMP24. Of course fat fingering is also a likely culprit Meanwhile back to scanning.

Has anyone seen additional frequencies for the Pulaski site (48)? Last week my DSDPlus setup registered 150.8550 on one day, and 150.4675 on another day. I suspect these were errors because of marginal signal conditions. I haven't seen additional frequencies since then.

k2hz

Database Admin
150.4675 would not be a valid frequency so must have been a decoding error.

I am attempting to figure out what is going on right now on TG71 on S Bristol. Units are doing coverage and GPS testing and appear to be Mobiletech Techs. One unit in Livonia area and mentioned school bus garage but I already have TG15 as Livonia based on observed addresses but it may be in error. A unit is now driving around the Livonia, Conesus, Springwater area. Another unit is in Geneseo, Mt Morris, Nunda and Dansvillle area. Still another unit is driving around Rochester with most locations mentioned being schools or other facilities for special needs students.

Odd that they are doing testing on TG71 rather than their own test TGs but it sounds like at least one unit may be a customer's school bus unless the driver was joking.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what happened to the Manlius site? The neighboring sites report the control channel has moved several times over the past week, but I can't see a signal from any of the frequencies. The Pulaski and Tully sites report the CC is now 152.2775.

k2hz

Database Admin
The CC had moved to 152.9675 over the weekend which I submitted to RRDB. Niles is now also reporting Site 3 CC 152.2775. My reception of Manlius is usually marginal but I hear nothing on that frequency now.

k2hz

Database Admin
Has anyone seen additional frequencies for the Pulaski site (48)? Last week my DSDPlus setup registered 150.8550 on one day, and 150.4675 on another day. I suspect these were errors because of marginal signal conditions. I haven't seen additional frequencies since then.

I am monitoring Dansville and when it faded I got bogus frequencies 150.460 and 150.8025. Also a lot of false 100.0. It is decoding errors.

k2hz

Database Admin
I had a lot of TG73 activity on Avoca this morning with one unit also registering on Dansville. Sites are too far away for voice monitoring. I heard TG73 on S Bristol briefly a few weeks ago, just one unit and base, and thought it might be a business since they were talking about making a delivery and nobody home. I suppose now it may have been a school.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I am monitoring Dansville and when it faded I got bogus frequencies 150.460 and 150.8025. Also a lot of false 100.0. It is decoding errors.
On the centerville site and Arkwright site I was getting the same last week. Consistently 100.0, even when I had a decent signal at times. And frequencies all over the spectrum (172's, 130's etc). I chalked it up as a bad signal/decode and gonna try it again later, this time when I head down that way.

k2hz

Database Admin
Anyone know what happened to the Manlius site? The neighboring sites report the control channel has moved several times over the past week, but I can't see a signal from any of the frequencies. The Pulaski and Tully sites report the CC is now 152.2775.
I have been searching for the Manlius CC and following the Tully NL which is showing it rotating between all 3 frequencies but I hear nothing on any of them.
Today, I see Site 3 - Manlius is no longer on the Tully NL. It is apparently out of service at least temporarily.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
I have been searching for the Manlius CC and following the Tully NL which is showing it rotating between all 3 frequencies but I hear nothing on any of them.
Today, I see Site 3 - Manlius is no longer on the Tully NL. It is apparently out of service at least temporarily.

Site 3 - Manlius is also missing from the Pulaski NL.

Status
Not open for further replies.