MobileTech NXDN Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2hz

Database Admin
Harrisville tower (Lewis County) is showing site 52, with a control channel of 152.930

Didn't get a chance to monitor anything. Was only passing through. I'll submit to DB
Good catch! It would be great if somebody up that way could submit the neighbor list. That will probably be a gateway to the St Lawrence and Franklin County sites.

k2hz

Database Admin
I had not heard the CCs for sites 2, 61 & 72 for a few days. I discovered each had switched to a known site voice channel - submitted to RRDB.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
I noted the update of the Alfred site (RAN 2). Unless I am mistaken, Alfred is not in Steuben County. The community of Alfred is in Allegany County. Maybe the transmitter site is actually located in Steuben County and this is improperly named?

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I noted the update of the the Alfred site (RAN 2). Unless I am mistaken, Alfred is not in Steuben County. The community of Alfred is in Allegany County. Maybe the transmitter site is actually located in Steuben County and this is improperly named?
Fixed. Please submit stuff like this in the future, thanks.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
I heard the Mobiletech System Techs (TG=1) on yesterday doing a test from Endicott NY. Broome County is clearly beyond my local reception capabilities, but they were heard via the Niles site.

k2hz

Database Admin
I heard the Mobiletech System Techs (TG=1) on yesterday doing a test from Endicott NY. Broome County is clearly beyond my local reception capabilities, but they were heard via the Niles site.
I think there is a site in the Binghamton/Endicott area in addition to Barton since I heard a Corning school bus last year say he was on RT17 in that area returning from Binghamton. I have not seen anything on any site NLs that I can receive that shows that site or the reported Bradford County PA sites. That is why I have asked several times if anyone can receive the Barton site to get the NL. I also can not get the Ithaca site due to co-channel with S Bristol. That site NL could also be a clue to sites in the Broome County area.

k2hz

Database Admin
Mobiletech has a site at Wind Hill Rd, Kirkwood (WPQI863, WPSE484) but it does not show NXDN on the license which threw me off on prior searches for an Endicott or Broome county site. I just tried Tioga County and found the site named "Endicott" is Warrick Rd, Town of Owego (WRCG721, WRBQ398) is NXDN. Frequencies: 150.8525, 150.8675, 151.535, 151.550, 151.8575, 153.1625 & 153.3575 on the licenses.

The site is just over the county line close to Endicott. We really need somebody with DSD+ in the area that can determine the details for Barton, Endicott and the Bradford Co. sites.

PaMonitor

Premium Subscriber
The site is just over the county line close to Endicott. We really need somebody with DSD+ in the area that can determine the details for Barton, Endicott and the Bradford Co. sites.

Not being able to purchase DSD+ capable, I'm not going to be much help. I still get Troy on 150.845. But I have yet to get voice from the NXDN trunk. What I do get is 152.4125 from the Pisgah tower which acts like an LTR control channel.

I programmed the Pisgah (Location 7) frequencies into my TRX-2 and Pro-197 as an LTR trunk. Using the Pro-197 analyze utility and Unitrunker I get a solid signal bar, a flashing T, and an LCN 5 (HR:05). Scrolling through the LTR trunk There doesn't seem to be any data bursts as you would normally get. Unitrunker identified this as a confirmed control channel.

I'm afraid its not much, but It's all I have at this time.

k2hz

Database Admin
So it sounds like Pisgah is only LTR-Net but is Troy 150.845 NXDN? Is it a constant digital control signal and do you have any way to determine the RAN?

PaMonitor

Premium Subscriber
So it sounds like Pisgah is only LTR-Net but is Troy 150.845 NXDN? Is it a constant digital control signal and do you have any way to determine the RAN?

150.845 631 DPL is on the old license and they been using it for sometime. If I could get an NXDN voice I could provide a RAN. The 152.4125 is a constant signal similar to 152.405 that I get from Elmira. I have all four towers programmed independently but Pisgah is the only one with an LTR CC. In the TRX-2 I also have them entered as conventional with open squelch. This afternoon it recorded two of them as analog from the Armenia tower. But the voice was weak and with the distance involved they could have come from elsewhere.

Early in the school season I seemed to get the NXDN on my portable, but I haven't gotten anything since.

k2hz

Database Admin
If there is no constant digital NXDN control channel up on a site then the system is not in service. Elmira (Site 53) 152.405 is LTR-Net and I am not aware of any NXDN at Elmira at this time. It seems like everything you are hearing is analog, not NXDN digital.

How did you determine what you heard on your portable was NXDN?

PaMonitor

Premium Subscriber
How did you determine what you heard on your portable was NXDN?

At the time it was programmed as NXDN-C only, as well as my base. Over the weekend I had the TRX-2 paused on the Wildcard. The signal bar pattern reminded me of the LTR data bursts. It was then that I began toying with the LTR trunks. In the TRX-2 I program wildcards to record. When they do they display the TG. I have Troy on its own scanlist. EZ-Scan currently shows three TG's for Troy: 18 School Bus, 35 Hannibal CSD Bus, and 44 Elementary School. I think the 44 was Troy but that was two or three months ago. I haven't gotten anything since. And they keep getting Covid which means virtual learning every other week.

k2hz

Database Admin
I am not sure that programming for NXDN-C means that is what you heard. From everything you describe, I don't believe you are hearing any Mobiletech NXDN activity.

I think you are confusing the NXDN and LTR-Net systems. The NXDN TGs like 35 for Hannibal and 18 for Elmira have no relation to the LTR-Net Group IDs. These are entirely separate systems. From what I have observed of former LTR-Net systems that have switched to NXDN, they are assigned the next available TG number that has no relation to their former LTR-Net group. Very doubtful you are hearing Hannibal CSD buses on any site in your area.

If you are just programming frequencies based on license data, they may be used for either LTR or NXDN until the LTR at the site is finally turned down. For NXDN, if you do not have the RAN programmed, you may be hearing other co-channel sites rather than the local site.

PaMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I don't think I'm confusing the two. I am not hearing any NXDN activity, nor LTR. But knowing that Mobiletech uses both is why I added the LTR, even though the system is only licensed for NXDN. I also use LTR trunks to search for NXDN control channels. By using the Pro-197 analyze function, I can scroll through the trunked frequencies until I find one that seems like one. For Troy I have yet to find one

It could be NXDN-D which does not use a dedicated CC (or RAN) but is designed more like the LTR that it replaces. But I have not known Mobiletech to use that so I have dismissed programming it that way. And I'm not all that convinced that 152.4125 is specifically LTR-net. One difference between that and 152.405 is that 152.4125 makes no "open mike" sound. In fact it makes no sound at all.

k2hz

Database Admin
I heard their techs testing new TGs 116, 119 & 120 today. Since they seem to assign TG and radio IDs sequentially, it appears there are now at least 120 TGs and 1865 radios on the system. A few of the early TGs may now be abandoned and some of the TGs may only be on their UHF school campus systems but it still means there are a lot of TGs on this VHF system we have not yet identified.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
Greetings from Canada:- I came across a voice channel on 151.670 for the MOBILTECH NXDN SYSTEM - Rutland New York Tower CC 150.860. Hope this is a help to you guys.
Dave

Thanks Dave! We appreciate that you took the time to confirm this voice channel for Rutland.

k2hz

Database Admin
Greetings from Canada:- I came across a voice channel on 151.670 for the MOBILTECH NXDN SYSTEM - Rutland New York Tower CC 150.860. Hope this is a help to you guys.
Dave
Thanks! Any chance you can get the neighbor list data or are you still running the old version of DSD+?

tayridge

ELGIN ONTARIO CANADA / tayridge34@gmail.com
Good Morning k2hz - I do not have Fastlane but my version of DSD shows a neighbour of R13-48 CC 158 and R13-48 CC 272 both of which show as Pulaski NY. I am unable to pick these up at this time due to distance from my location, maybe someday when conditions improve. Hope this is of some help and sorry could not provide more.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.