Monitoring Times Staff to Publish New Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
I just ordered a charter subscription.

I feel this magazine will be good for the hobby.

It will carry on where Monitoring times left off.

Hope everyone supports there efforts.

bear780ks

I picked up the Dec. Last issue of M.T. I ordered the Anthology 1999 -- 2013 on DVD i should be getting it soon and, i think i will do that on the charter subscription to keep good info on scanning and Hamming coming in..

One of biggest things that the Magazine will have in it is that of the new Uniden scanners and the new whistlers this may be a very big year for this new magazine it be worth supporting it...

bear780ks

MTXpress Complete Antohology 99 -- 2013 is in my House

Just Got my DVD Copy of Monitoring Times Anthology WoW :D WoW :D it looks really good it's really easy to Navigate all you basically have to do is load the Latest adobe reader and that is basically it there are some requirements not big thought Window 98 through present an my PC running windows XP is doing fairly well with..

As soon as I can I'm going to Get the New Online Mag. Spectrum Monitor to keep on keeping on.. :p K-Bear

oracavon

Well, the first issue is supposed to be available now on the website, but it looks like they're still having technical problems. It was supposed to be available yesterday, but they postponed it until today because of technical problems that prevented them from uploading the magazine to the website.

Now it looks like the magazine is on the website, available for purchase & download, but the checkout process isn't working - it gets stuck part way through. Has anyone else been able get through it and download the magazine?

I sent an email to Ken Reitz (the editor), but I don't know how often he checks his email.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Having the same problem here...

Hope this isn't a prelude to another scanner related publication ceasing publication this year...

First AOSC Journal...
Then Monitoring Times...
Now this???

And I thought the Obama-care website was a fiasco...

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
Just received an email reply from Ken Reitz, TSM's managing editor.

"[We are] working on the software glitch that's holding everything up. Hang in there!"

We can wait, Ken. Just eager to see the 2014 edition of the magazine.

Last edited:

oracavon

Yup, I just got the same thing. Nice to see that he's so responsive to email.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 5:50 PM
Subject: Re: Important instructions on downloading the January, 2014 issue.

Yes, Network Solutions is working on the software glitch that's holding everything up. Hang in there!

Ken Reitz KS4ZR, Managing Editor
Monitoring Times
Publisher, Managing Editor
The Spectrum Monitor

oracavon

The new issue is now available on the website. Subscribers should have received a new email today with download instructions.

The January issue is 85 pages in length. The contents are similar to Monitoring Times (as expected), but the page format isn't quite as polished/professional as the recent issues of Monitoring Times. I expect that will come in time.

All in all, it looks good. I would encourage anyone who enjoyed Monitoring Times to take a look at it. For the record, I have no connection with the magazine or any of the contributors to it. I'm just offering my opinion for those non-subscribers who may be considering getting it and want to know how it compares.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Definitely good news.
My thanks to the op for posting that. :)

n9zas

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
I concur with oracavon. Great to see it published, as is.
Kudos to Ken and the group for the quick fix and for producing a good magazine.

bbrasmussen

It was great to read the first issue! Kudos and thanks to Ken and the staff for putting the magazine together and working hard before the holidays to iron out the technical glitches!

Status
Not open for further replies.