MONOC Dispatch North

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Per an MICP assigned to the subject MONOC area, MONOC North is no longer monitorable as they went to a "closed celluar based system". Quotes are her words, not mine.

Analogrules

Quick question, if drivers cannot use cell phones, how is EMS allowed to use a phone while driving?

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Quick question, if drivers cannot use cell phones, how is EMS allowed to use a phone while driving?

You know there's two MICP's and EMT's to a rig right? lol. Also the statute allows for emergency personnel to use cellular devices in the performance of their duties.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

Gee, I don't know...maybe because emergency vehicles are exempt from 39:4-97.3, as expressly noted in 39:4-97.4? :roll:

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Monoc North DB Updated ! / MONOC Tac Frequencies?

Per an MICP assigned to the subject MONOC area, MONOC North is no longer monitorable as they went to a "closed celluar based system". Quotes are her words, not mine.

The RR DB has been updated to reflect this new reality. Monoc North has gone "Dark" for the above stated reason.

As to the MONOC UHF/VHF tactical frequencies.
even with an external antenna I personally have not monitored any activity here in North Jersey. Perhaps because they are low power, or I am just too far away. I have monitored more activity on these frequencies when I was in their original home territory of Ocean and Monmouth Counties but this too was over a year and half ago. ???

Thanks

Joseph11

What kind of cellular based system is this? Sprint Direct Connect (or another carrier's variant) or something else?

Joseph11

That stinks. :( I hope that's not what's going to happen down in the south area, as well.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
That stinks. :( I hope that's not what's going to happen down in the south area, as well.

Quite disappointing. Can't think their communications made this necessary. Certainly a wasted expense but it is what it is. Everyone trying to hide.

I worked with a private ambulance service in the 90's and I think it was some sort of cellular network that couldn't be monitored, however i wasn't into scanning as much then.

CJ
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
great.

With all the formats these new scanners do,NXDN,DMR,P25 phase 2,its hard to comprehend we cant monitor,Guess its our christmas present from MONOC north.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
MONOC North - UHF/VHF tactical frequencies

With MONOC's recent switch to Cell PTT sysyem...the following may be a moot point anyways???

What about the MONOC UHF/VHF tactical frequencies use here in North Jersey?
The VHF Tac are licensed under Atlantic Health System, UHF to MONOC.
My experience so far,
even with an external antenna I have not monitored any activity here in North Jersey. Perhaps because they are using low power, I am just too far away or I am just not catching them due it being the wrong time or place.

I have only monitored activity on these frequencies when I am in their original home territory of Ocean and Monmouth Counties, NJ but this too was over a year and half ago.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Joseph11

Working in the mobility industry I can say for sure that most Sonim products are very poor quality.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Working in the mobility industry I can say for sure that most Sonim products are very poor quality.

Like $849 a radio?? One site I saw. See how long they are on them!

NJICS would have been a tad better

CJ

W2SJW

Database Admin
Like $849 a radio?? One site I saw. See how long they are on them!

NJICS would have been a tad better

CJ
I totally agree on this point. MedCentral and JFK obviously realized it was the best case scenario for them.

Sent from may Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk 6

KC2zZe

With all the formats these new scanners do,NXDN,DMR,P25 phase 2,its hard to comprehend we cant monitor,Guess its our christmas present from MONOC north.

It isn't hard for me to comprehend at all. When public safety communications systems managers, as they're watching the six o'clock news, are hearing snippets of agency radio traffic being played over a background of a blurry photo or a video someone took with a cell phone camera a block and a half from a scene - with the obligatory "Courtesy: Broadcastify" caption in one of the upper corners of the television screen - what conclusions might they start to reach? And what should scannists think is going to happen more and more often? There are elements of this hobby that are killing it from within.

Don't blame Sonim, k2ool. I can't blame them for seeing a pressing need out there - having a secure communications pathway - and doing what any smart business would do - fulfill that need and make a buck while doing so.

Last edited:

ShoreBullets

Are they keeping their radios for the just in case scenario?

They will keep the mobile radios to talk to BLS but the 1250 portables wI'll go away. They are using EMSanywere app to track times and reduce how much actual talking occurs

Status
Not open for further replies.