MONOC Dispatch North

Status
Not open for further replies.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I have been monitoring MONOC North on 451.475 for quite sometime and late last week I found that I was not hearing dispatch tones and I am also not hearing the units responding to dispatch anymore.

I know dispatch was handed over to another company (at least that was the rumor) so do we have any idea where these units are being toned on now?

I am not hearing much of the traffic I use to.

Thanks

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
MONOC North Change(ing)?

I have been monitoring MONOC North on 451.475 for quite sometime and late last week I found that I was not hearing dispatch tones and I am also not hearing the units responding to dispatch anymore.

I know dispatch was handed over to another company (at least that was the rumor) so do we have any idea where these units are being toned on now?

I am not hearing much of the traffic I use to.

Thanks

There has indeed been a change, I have been monitoring all week, just dispatch, not hearing the BLS and ALS units themselves (Their BLS services a community next-door to my town). Sounds like its a simulcast of EMS dispatch only, perhaps until the conversion over (over to what?) is completed. Last I here when I myself had a medical incident about a year a go when transported by MONOC, I was asking a few questions and at that time they were testing a TG on the NJICS 700 Mhz trunk system. Got to see if there are any new TGs there. There are many what if's too and to list them all is just not practical. Another area to check is perhaps one of the large commercial DMR Trunk providers One Voice or PdvWireless providers for an appropriate TG. :confused:

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I'd have to say I am in the same boat on that.

The two channels that dispatch Atlantic units appear to be the same.

Not even sure which 700 system I should monitor then.

I see Elizabeth is also coming over Essex now though that I went to ID Search.

I would think they would be paging some where still...that is what I am interested in....

SCPD

QRT
The NJPSIC 700mhz system perhapsl,they already have medical talkgroups for NJ.......

Tac channels are Tband from the database
501.38750 WPLV291 M 412 DPL MONOC T 2 MONOC Tac 2 (UHF) FMN EMS-Tac

502.08750 M 412 DPL MONOC T 1 MONOC Tac 1 (UHF) FMN EMS-Tac

Last edited:

Joseph11

Being out of the monitoring area, does the dispatch simulcast sound like it's digital being simulcasted to analog or just straight up analog?

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
MONOC North on 451.475 - Gone?

I have been monitoring MONOC North on 451.475 for the last 30 hrs or since very late Friday night 12/16. EMS dispatch has stopped on this frequency altogether. The frequency normally quite busy is now apparently "dead" to EMS traffic. As to their UHF T band TAC frequencies, rarely if any traffic have I monitored on them here in North Jersey. Consequently, also on MONOC North East VHF 155.355 (Atlantic Health) frequency EMS traffic has ceased or has been extremely quiet.

Conclusion: MONOC North has indeed moved and switched to a new frequencies or system.
Task is now to actually to search for and find them.

Any information, please post here, find the frequencies and system more importantly make that submission to RR DB!

Thanks

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I have not been good with searching out channels, I can throw my scanner into ID Search I suppose...I am surprised by this as they had been utilizing radio pagers and I did not think that would work any longer....interesting... very interesting.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
OK - I have an ID Search set up on West Orange and Union County Simulcasts, so far I am only hearing the same old traffic plus stuff I do not usually listen to. I keep doing a CTL-F on the channels and so far, nothing new.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Some activity just heard

Just heard traffic on UHF Monoc North, BLS unit at Mountianside hospital and a EMS dispatch on VHF Monoc NE. Curiouser and Curiouser ???

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I just had someone tell me they went to some Cellular radio system that cannot be monitored.

I am at a loss!!

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
MONOC North Gone?

I just had someone tell me they went to some Cellular radio system that cannot be monitored.

I am at a loss!!

Before I or one of the other DB admins change things, If in fact MONOC North went to this "type" of system, the RR DB will need to be updated reflecting this change. However, Let's see if there is anymore input or actual conformation on this (posted in this thread) or otherwise via a RR submission. OK?

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
MONOC North

Perhaps we all over looked this?
Besides the 451.47500 frequency, their license also shows a 2nd repeaterized frequency.
Haven't monitored it yet, but I will be after posting this!

Joseph11

461.800 is MONOC's "Med-11." It's a multicast of their south Med-9 and Med-10 dispatch in analog with PL 210.7.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Perhaps we all over looked this?
Besides the 451.47500 frequency, their license also shows a 2nd repeaterized frequency.
Haven't monitored it yet, but I will be after posting this!

Pretty good signal, listening to South traffic, hearing units going to SOCH down in Manahawkin, impressive reach... I also hear someone asking to meet Willie at the fitness center... couple locals up here in Essex County. LOL - monitoing non-pl'd just to see if I could receive anything.

Joseph11

Slightly off-topic, but MONOC's licensing for that is odd. They only have it licensed in Union and Essex counties but it is both used by MONOC units and clearly monitored throughout Monmouth and Ocean counties.

Status
Not open for further replies.