Monroe County Florida Fire Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

khvfdff

Hey there,

Is the Monroe County Fire Rescue Department on the Monroe County 800 system? I didn't see any thing on the site here. I am planning on going camping in that area, around Labor Day weekend if we can get it booked that weekend. I was just curious as if to they still use VHF/UHF or 800 for Fire Communications, or if its a combination of the two. If there is anyone in that area that can please post information I'd appreciate it.

Vern

Premium Subscriber
If you don't get any of the info you need from here, you might try the SEFLORIDA group on Yahoo. Like here, they're a good bunch over there, too and you'll likely get the info you need.

Good luck.

\ Vern

itinkham

Database Admin
They're still on UHF. Each repeater transmits the same traffic from the Central Dispatch. See the Monroe County page for the nearest Key you will be visiting. When I was in Marathon though, I could hear 3 of them with a handheld.

Scanner-geek

When I was in the Keys in Feb this was the story:

Monroe County Sheriff on the 800 trunk. RR database is accurate, all dispatch on patrol 1
Monroe County Fire: Dipatched on UHF repeater system RR frequencies are correct with a simulcast broadcast on repeaters acoprding to the key you're in
Key West Police: On Monroe trunk, RR database accurate
Key West Fire: Still UHF??? can't confirm but no trunk activity heard for 3 days
FHP, Fish and Wildlife still active on Motorola digitial as of Feb
Coast Guard: Heavy encrypted comms on 157.150

I tried to really research the area before I went down but got very few if any replies to my posts. It doesn't seem there is a lot of info out there. If you figure anything out please post it as I am going down again soon. Good luck and happy scanning.

Scanner-geek

MeIntheKeys

Anyone know what med channels or freq. Lower keys Medical and Mariners is useing.
Thanks in advance

khvfdff

Try Fishermans Hospital on Med 6 463.1250 or Med 62 463.1375

Mariners would be on Med 42 463.0875 and probably Med 4 463.0750

Lover Keys Medical Center out of Key West would be on either Med 7 463.1500 or Med 72 463.1625

All of these channels would have a CTCSS of 156.7PL if you are able to plug that in.

MeIntheKeys

Med Channels

Thanks, I am in Marathon and it appears that Fishermans is still using the traditioal med channels.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
JoeH said:
Is the old Moto state system still active in the Keys?

AFAIK, the old Moto system was turned off last June, around the 15th. I can't imagine any part of it is still active anywhere at this time.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
W4KRR said:
AFAIK, the old Moto system was turned off last June, around the 15th. I can't imagine any part of it is still active anywhere at this time.
That was my understanding as well. However, I was told that the state LEO's in the Florida Keys were allowed to keep their Moto radios (handhelds) because they were programmed with the Monroe TRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.