MontCo upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
But we shouldn't really hear anything on this system/tg's until mid next year at the earliest, right? At least that's what I'm hearing.

Who knows but there are sites online with the new control channels and those talk groups are in the new fire/EMS radios , so anything is possible at this point.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
You've heard more than me..... All my info comes from the dps website. But hey, at least I know our county has a few drones.... Guaranteed to be at least 5 generations obsolete by the time one ever gets used for a legitimate purpose. :/

Can't wait for the TFR's to pop up because they want to fly one. It's amazing the amount of **** that gets distributed with the "purchased from funds provided by department of home land security " tags on them.

mlmummert

You've heard more than me..... All my info comes from the dps website. But hey, at least I know our county has a few drones.... Guaranteed to be at least 5 generations obsolete by the time one ever gets used for a legitimate purpose. :/

The county has drones? Would that refer to small remote controlled aircraft or the people in charge of the place?

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
A list of unconfirmed talkgroups has been started on the wiki page for the new system. Link is at the upper right of the database page, or here:

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Montgomery_County_(P25)

A few different radios were affiliating with talkgroups early this morning.

I wonder how many end users are on the wrong zones since the 6k series radios have both new and old systems.

I know Thursday, I was sitting on some of the new talk groups , then the radio went into Fail Soft. I've been out of the area since.

Are you able to decipher any of the radio ID's affiliating by Department number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I wonder how many end users are on the wrong zones since the 6k series radios have both new and old systems.

I know Thursday, I was sitting on some of the new talk groups , then the radio went into Fail Soft. I've been out of the area since.

Are you able to decipher any of the radio ID's affiliating by Department number?

I only started tracking the system again last night. Last I had checked on it was a month ago or more.

The two IDs I saw this morning were:

Based on how the current RIDS go, my guess would be a Cheltenham PD unit and a Norristown PD unit.

No voice traffic...just affiliations. I'll keep logging through the week and see what pops up. I have no idea what the current timeline is supposed to be for rollout/go live.

The 26 unit flipped around to different groups. The 52 unit came up on 2115, got a deny and logged off.

The last time I bothered tracking the system, the control channels were there for a week and then off the air. I don't know when they came back online.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
There was also a 134031 (Lower Merion PD?) that showed up on Event 1. However, Unitrunker never showed that logging on or off. It just appeared on that one talkgroup and then nothing more from it.

I am only monitoring the East simulcast...can only look at one at a time.

Last edited:

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
When I get back home, I'll fire up my unitrunker pc and sit on the west system control channel and see what more pops up other than the fire/EMS stuff I already posted

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Have unitrunker setting on the West control channel and here is a list of the frequencies it has dumped

945716f0d64a5e7b439f98ab6cf74c56.jpg

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
More stuff popped up today while camping with unitrunker

Also some
New talk groups where showing some affiliations that were not Fire/Ems

And a bunch of usage for radio ID
2110096 ( assuming a radio tech )

20167f53ee3db34c9d1e5f87ac26ba7f.jpg

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
On the east zone, there was a lot of activity on 3049 and 3053. Both had some encrypted voice.

RIDS:

4000001 thru 4000020

All the 40xxxxx units were on 3049

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
On the east zone, there was a lot of activity on 3049 and 3053. Both had some encrypted voice.

RIDS:

4000001 thru 4000020

All the 40xxxxx units were on 3049

fe3594c5d54d93e3d079235d3b6c4a95.jpg

I had TG 3049 and radio ID 2110096 on west. Possibly a radio tech on one of the super secure radio tech talk groups maybe

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I had a unit log on this morning that must have been flipping through channels. Appeared to be a 62PD unit based on the RID. At this point, this is what I have logged for suspected PD related channels. Does anybody know if the new system will have a local channel for each PD plus PTAC type channels? It'll all be encrypted, but I am just curious if anybody knows the fleetmap. The PD 1 thru PD 12 designations are just my speculation. You'll note that I haven't even logged some of those...just added them manually trying to figure out a pattern.

Attachments

• MCP20906.jpg
    MCP20906.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 230

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Todays west system log

radio ID 126037 on 2203 , 2211, 2181 , 2183 , 2185 , 2101

radio ID 151005 on event 1 a few times , 2167

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
I had a unit log on this morning that must have been flipping through channels. Appeared to be a 62PD unit based on the RID. At this point, this is what I have logged for suspected PD related channels. Does anybody know if the new system will have a local channel for each PD plus PTAC type channels? It'll all be encrypted, but I am just curious if anybody knows the fleetmap. The PD 1 thru PD 12 designations are just my speculation. You'll note that I haven't even logged some of those...just added them manually trying to figure out a pattern.

I will check this week with an East Zone officer who knows the know and has the has to find out and see what he has figured out or knows

Septa3371CSX1

I find it interesting that the EMS Dispatch talkgroup is said to be 2601 but the other EMS talkgroups are 24xx range. I'm wondering if 2601 is actually Fire dispatch (or combined Fire/EMS) and if there maybe a 2401 that will actually be the EMS Dispatch.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
I find it interesting that the EMS Dispatch talkgroup is said to be 2601 but the other EMS talkgroups are 24xx range. I'm wondering if 2601 is actually Fire dispatch (or combined Fire/EMS) and if there maybe a 2401 that will actually be the EMS Dispatch.

The stuff submitted and actually comes up is what is in the county fire radios .....

Status
Not open for further replies.