MontCo upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

pastormg2

I looked and found their website. But of course very little information on someone to email and tell they may have a potential problem with the frequency of 855.2375.
Perhaps someone from the county checks these forums and will take note of this.
Mark Griffin, KB3Z

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
On the DPS website has their main number, their facebook and twitter info along with a county directory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bballdawg84

Make sure you also tell them you are against the encryption pushed by a group of unelected civil servants which undermines the "right to know" statutory guidelines, transparency, accountability and public policy.

I wouldn't open with that but sneak it in lol!

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Or if they say thanks they weren't aware , remind them how a scanner listener just saved a potential life. After all, they must think of the children

whsbuss

Is it possible that your radio is the problem? Has anyone else nearby notice the same freq?

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Been listening to East PD on my XTS for the past half hour or so and thus far no issues. I'm located near State and Lansdowne in Drexel Hill (Upper Darby).

I believe XTS won't unmute and have a dead carrier like a scanner would when in trunked personality

Septa3371CSX1

I believe XTS won't unmute and have a dead carrier like a scanner would when in trunked personality

So far I've had no dead carriers but I am getting some background noise that sounds like digital interference on some analog transmissions.

pastormg2

It is fixed. The county was working yesterday on their system and no more hangups. I noticed that some other frequencies were throwing dead carriers and then after about an hour everything was OK. So all is well.
Mark Griffin, KB3Z

kh11

Premium Subscriber
When this hits the media (as no doubt it will), it certainly isn't going to help the county's reputation in their tower fight with Upper Merion.

Well, not a peep in the media. That's surprising. Meanwhile, Motorola has moved on to a new 'Enhanced' model of the APX6000 while hundreds of the old portables sit on the shelf at County.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber

Out of every APX 6K deployed in the North America Region, this group of radios are the only ones affected?

Not a peep of google searches , nothing on p25 or austech.

I lie, mine turns on or off depending on last position. But that's only when it's worn on right side and volume knob hits the seat.

When my duty belt is being worn, it's not affected being it is worn on my left side, as right side is my weapon position.

How stupid would that be that the whole thing is just that.....

kh11

Premium Subscriber
Out of every APX 6K deployed in the North America Region, this group of radios are the only ones affected?

Not a peep of google searches , nothing on p25 or austech.

The article claims that other PDs saw the issue (Atlanta was the only one named), but I agree this whole thing sounds unlikely - word would have certainly spread about it by now.

At any rate, we can add another 5 month delay to the rollout.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber

36fec7bafa32a40fef2f0b660b8223e5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.