Moswin Dispatch 3 South

Status
Not open for further replies.

436isthe1

Whistler ws1080/Uniden 436hp/GD-77and Cobra 29 ltd
Hello I monitor MOSWIN Southwest Missouri , have not received dispatch 3 in two days is the tower down for repair?

436isthe1

Whistler ws1080/Uniden 436hp/GD-77and Cobra 29 ltd
All sites are tied together and if I remember most all if not all state systems are FIRSTNET
All sites dont transmit same transmission, there is only one site close enough to me where I can receive dispatch 3

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
I have a residence in SW Missouri...Taney CO

They must have added towers in my area, including the site: Hollister 700mhz, because a few years ago, reception on the Branson Site (Which was the only site I could receive) Suddenly became crystal clear, both in terms of both reception and range without changing any variables… ie...antennas.

Great listening!!!

Scanning-NWA

I live in N.W. Arkansas. I use a multi-band scanner base antenna in the attic and can receive MOSWIN from the Cassville tower (full scale) and Roaring River tower (3-4 bars) but the Pineville tower is usually not enough signal to lock (1-2 bars). I would have thought that Pineville would have been a reliable signal for me - not sure why not? I also have some kind of local interference that begins every day when it gets dark causing me to not be able to copy any MOSWIN until very early the next morning (can't figure out what is causing the desense). During that "blackout" time I have to rely on what VHF low band Troop D transmissions there are after dark. With all the new towers lately, VHF low band seems more reduced. I hear much more VHF low band Troop D at night than what I do during the day time now. During the day time, I hear some Troop D transmissions on VHF low band that I don't hear on MOSWIN on Cassville or Roaring River towers. I guess the Dispatchers must control when VHF low band transmissions are made instead of it being an automatic simulcast now. I sure miss the days of VHF low band only operations when there was a Carthage Troop D satellite headquaters on 42.12 MHz and where all Troop Headquaters used to run high power transmitters that you could hear all over the state as far as Kansas City. It seems like there was much more MP air units heard on VHF low band than what you hear now on MOSWIN. I also used to hear Willow Springs and Rolla Troops on VHF low band back in those days.

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
In Taney CO....Sheriff Dispatch and Hollister Police use

2. Hollister 700 MHz

3. Trailer 2

4. Unknown 700 MHz

I use the Remtronix antenna

*Branson Police Department is not on MOSWIN.

daddyjohn

I live in N.W. Arkansas. I use a multi-band scanner base antenna in the attic and can receive MOSWIN from the Cassville tower (full scale) and Roaring River tower (3-4 bars) but the Pineville tower is usually not enough signal to lock (1-2 bars). I would have thought that Pineville would have been a reliable signal for me - not sure why not? I also have some kind of local interference that begins every day when it gets dark causing me to not be able to copy any MOSWIN until very early the next morning (can't figure out what is causing the desense). During that "blackout" time I have to rely on what VHF low band Troop D transmissions there are after dark. With all the new towers lately, VHF low band seems more reduced. I hear much more VHF low band Troop D at night than what I do during the day time now. During the day time, I hear some Troop D transmissions on VHF low band that I don't hear on MOSWIN on Cassville or Roaring River towers. I guess the Dispatchers must control when VHF low band transmissions are made instead of it being an automatic simulcast now. I sure miss the days of VHF low band only operations when there was a Carthage Troop D satellite headquaters on 42.12 MHz and where all Troop Headquaters used to run high power transmitters that you could hear all over the state as far as Kansas City. It seems like there was much more MP air units heard on VHF low band than what you hear now on MOSWIN. I also used to hear Willow Springs and Rolla Troops on VHF low band back in those days.

I hear MSHP aircraft on conventional analog 154.680 whenever they are in the Southwest Mo area.

Status
Not open for further replies.