• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola XTS 5000 NAS

XTS500

Hello all!
I have a Motorola XTS 5000 700-800 mhz that I set up for NAS and hidden TG on my county's P25 Phase 1 system. I followed the directions on the forum to make sure that it didn't affiliate and is not able to transmit. They have 3 different sites, and I entered all the control channels for all 3 sites.
The issue that I am having in that the active TG are showing up when they are talking on those channels, but I am unable to hear any audio. It is completely silent. I have entered all the control channels and so forth as stated before following the correct instructions to make sure the radio is NAS.
I can send someone my code plug privately if that would help. Not sure what would be causing this to happen, could my radio still be affiliating and could no audio be a result of them bricking my radio. Everything else seems to still work though.
Thanks

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
You don't have the band plan set up up correctly.

Astro 25 Channel IDs.

Don't guess. It is has to be correct.

XTS500

You don't have the band plan set up up correctly.

Astro 25 Channel IDs.

Don't guess. It is has to be correct.
How would I go about fixing the band plan. All info was gotten off of radio reference for my county system and following the NAS guide.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Hey not to piggyback on the thread I just had a question. Got my XTS up and NAS on my local p25 system but was wondering if it was possible to do the same with a type 2 smart zone system? And what steps that would be different as to not have the radio affiliate ? Also can the same be done with a phase 2 system that has FDMA TGs? I know TDMA is phase 2 and unsupported by the XTS

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Hey not to piggyback on the thread I just had a question. Got my XTS up and NAS on my local p25 system but was wondering if it was possible to do the same with a type 2 smart zone system? And what steps that would be different as to not have the radio affiliate ? Also can the same be done with a phase 2 system that has FDMA TGs? I know TDMA is phase 2 and unsupported by the XTS
Yes, same method, different boxes/tabs

Last edited:

vjkurvy

KURVYNATION.COM
Premium Subscriber
Create a conventional/system as usual. Assign the channels. Where the magic happens is in the scan list. Remember to choose “operator select,” so you can change the scan list. When creating list also create a multi system scan. Next, in the scan list select “cnv” for the smart zone (conventional) instead of “trk.” Hit me up DM with any questions

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
The method was developed before P25, on Type II Motorola trunking systems. Type II, not Phase II. Works on Type 1 trunking, too, if by chance one is still in operation somewhere, which I'd be surprised to hear.
Barnstable County, MA. is still operating a Type II Smartnet System.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
How are type II TGIDs entered into CPS? I understand p25 is HEX and I assume the type II systems TGs are as well but it will only allow me to enter 3 digits and RR shows the IDs as 4 do I just drop the last digit (which appear to all be 0)?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The RadioReference database shows Uniden talkgroup ID's. You'll have to convert those to Motorola by dividing by 16 and then convert to hexadecimal.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Drop the 0 at the end of the hex ID to get the actual TGID. Same result as dividing the dec TGID by 16 then converting back to hex.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Ignore the single 0 at the end of the hex value in the RRDB, everything prior to is valid. Clear enough now?