• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola XTS2500 programming cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know were I can get a genuine OEM Motorola programming cable for XTS2500?
I'm getting the error when trying to read it.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
Open radio failed.
Error context: 24, Status: c000039e
I figure its the cable

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

SCPD

QRT
I thought it was the 5000 that was disc? Make sure the cps has comm port 1 set and your pc is using com port 1 for the programming

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
I would not spend the money on an OEM part since these units are dis-continued.

The knock off's work just fine. I have been using one for two years with no trouble. It could also be the comm port you are using. Try changing it in the CPS software on different ports to read and write the radio

Programming Cable for Motorola Astro XTS2500 XTS5000 MT1500 PR1500 XTS2250 Radio | eBay

I've got one for a 3000 and can read 3000's all day, but get that error on the 2500.

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
Are the 3000's programming cables pin outs not the same as the 2500's?

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
No. The 3000 uses a different cable than the 2500/5000 series.

The 2500 has not been discontinued yet. I wish Motorola would have kept the 5000 and deep-sixed the 2500. I guess they make more in parts on the 2500. At least they do from us anyway.

SCPD

QRT
The 3000 cable will work on ht1000s. Probably a few other older portables that are the ht series family. I don't recall exact other then the 3000 cable and the ht1000 use same cable. The xts2500 cable is same as the xts5000 and xts1500. I'm also agreed on the end of the 5k and figured the 2500 would go first. I always prefered the 5000 over a 2500 but both are good models.

sfd119

I've used the XTS2500 cable from KawaMall on Ebay without problems for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.