MPSCS Alpha tag scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I believe the RRDB and most scanners are 16+ character displays which would allow for more obvious and useful names.

Having to be aware of/know the "encoding" scheme and/or look things up all the time is kind of self-defeating....

I agree. The problem I've run into, when programming using RR's 'description' field, vs the alpha-tags, many of them are still too long, and get truncated into something that is not fully understandable.

ie; 911-Dispatch-Macomb County Sheriff

If I take a lot of time to do some custom editing to my liking, they get wiped out and revert back to RR's database tags and/or description.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Regarding the new City of Warren Talk-Groups. The RR database is showing a two letter designation for 'Warren' as 'WA'. Yet I've seen a few people mention that it should be 'WR'. Can anyone confirm which is correct?

h8mNfInXaT+uAAAAABJRU5ErkJgggA=

Attachments

• Wrn TalkGrps.jpg
    Wrn TalkGrps.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 154

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
ORI

The ORI7 is broken down as follows: two character state abbreviation, two character county code and the three digit city/agency code.

There are also 2 more characters at the end. The last 2 (or in some cases, 3) characters denote the type of agency:
00 - Law Enforcement
13N - Central Dispatch
xxJ - Court
01A - County Prosecutor

In the case of the last 3 digits being used as agency type, the 5th & 6th characters are zeroes.

WQWD609

Premium Subscriber
For the most common, local and important ones, I edit the description to what makes more sense to me. The problem with this is, when you do an update, your custom Tags/Descriptions are overwritten with the ones in RR's database.

This is what I do when I program my radios. Makes it simple to know what it is without having to memorize or look it up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.